Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never ever had to address this in any of my cars with higher mileage. However, kudos to my Ridgeline because in 130K miles, aside from routine, I have only spent $300 on repairs. Yessah!! Anyway, my steering seems to be making more noise than usual when turning. Almost a moan. Is this the pump at the edge of failure? :act060:

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,286 Posts
Buy a new PS Reservoir & 4-6 pints of Honda PS Fluid, and completely drain & fill the system. There is a screen at of the reservoir that clogs up & causes all kinds of havoc

·
Registered
100 Posts
While you're at it get the replacement O-ring for the discharge side of the pump. It's in the fitting at the hose right on top of the pump. Our 2006 started sucking air into the system. Found on this site that Honda made change in O-ring material because of problems. Two bolts, simple fix.
Local Honda charged me $25.00 - 30.00 for reservoir, O-ring, and fluid.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got the time and weather to try your suggestion. Yessah! I believe it worked. Watched a Y Tube video for procedure, took a little les than 30 mins (going slowly and carefully) and I am happy to report that I am no longer hearing the power steering pump "struggle". Thanks much!! :act035:

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,286 Posts
Great News, if you have a link to the video could you post it here. This is on my short list of work to be done since my Ridgeline is/will be 10 years old this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts