Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a tad over 52,xxx miles my rear pads were down to 3MM the dealer (during a regular oil change) recommended it was time to change. No pulsation, fade or noise of any type. I anticipate traffic and don't tailgate which is probably the reason the OEM have lasted 52,xxx.

Of course the stealership was way high for OEM parts and I think the AutoZones/O'Reillys/NAPA/WUTEVA generally sell the cheapest replacements available and I still don't understand why "Automatic or Standard transmission?" is asked when I am purchasing wipers. :act060:

Hence, I found these on Rockauto:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=6094560&cc=1505183&jnid=426&jpid=51

My rears are being replaced first (sometimes I have a wee bit too much weight in the bed) the fronts still had 7MM.

Anybody ever used?

Not concerned about the price. Brakes, tires and bourbon are items I never quibble price, just quality.

TIA.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,603 Posts
Quality, is why I use nothing but EBC Yellow pads and their EBC slotted rotors. Check out what they are made of, how they are manufactured and WHERE they are manufactured. I've been running with them for the last 180,000 miles. Best brakes I've ever experienced.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Been using powerstop products for 10yrs now and have never had a problem. I installed new powerstop rotors and pads a little over a year and have had no problems they work flawlessly.

·
Registered
579 Posts
They look less expensive than OEM. Last I checked the rear pad set was $50ish
I see they give you directions for bedding in also ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Curious on OEM price I went to check. $50.85 for rear set, fits 06'-14'......Link.
They may be cheaper elsewhere, that was my first stop.

To stay on subject though, no I haven't used them. Our RL only has 40k miles and pads look good still.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
If you have been happy with OEM, than Akebono seems to be widely acknowledged as the OEM supplier. More power of course to anyone wanting full on rotor, caliper, and pad upgrades. Of course there are tons of threads on upgrading pads and rotors, but many find the OEM to be more than suitable for their needs. Plenty discussion on the ROC about Akebono as well.

Seems like i recall Akebono pads being available on Amazon with free shipping for 40 to 50 dollars per front/rear

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious on OEM price I went to check. $50.85 for rear set, fits 06'-14'......Link.
They may be cheaper elsewhere, that was my first stop.

To stay on subject though, no I haven't used them. Our RL only has 40k miles and pads look good still.
Wow...a 2009 with 40,000 miles. :act030:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts