Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone Im currently in the market for a ridgeline and am curious as to what deals, if any, you all are getting when you purchased yours.

The local dealership I went to is selling the ridgelines for sticker price which is $33,155 for the RTL w/ moonroof and XM.

Anyone done better than this or any info I can use to work in my favor would be appreciated. I realize this is a new model which drastically hurts our negotiating power but I figured I would just give it a shot and ask.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Someone posted that they received a HD big screen TV with their Ridgeline purchase. Some have reported getting their Ridgelines below MSRP so I guess it depends on your dealer. I personally had the experience of finding RLs in my area selling $4k above MSRP to MSRP...I went with the MSRP. I forgot to add that I also negotiated a deal for some accessories (back up sensor, bed extender and fog lights) during my purchase. This is another tool you can use. My dealer wanted to sell me the accessories at their suggested price. I found cheaper prices on the net and they matched it and installed them at at good price.:cool:

·
Registered
361 Posts
try to trade in a junker or get accessories installed for free. One dealer here is promoting 1k off with lots of add on.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
all the local Stealers that i've talked to are asking $3K to $6K over MSRP, I've even asked friends that are Owner's or Fleet manager to give me a break, and they said " yes come on by we'll take care of you, i sell you @ MSRP and can't sell below MSRP " I've also checked Autoland.com and Carsdirect.com and their also reasonable Priced too. I'm not in a hurry to get one, but will get one soon, but i still got to sell what i have to get the RL later. So far Still shopping around. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi guy,
I am down in Bradenton. The dealer here sold for msrp plus some accessories. The price was right in there with the Sarasota dealer. He ended up knocking off $400. There service and the initial prep on the truck was excellent. I am much more concerned about a quality dealer than saving a few hundred on the sale. Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my RTL Navi for $33,000. MSPR on the vehicle was $35155. The dealer had it priced $1,995 over MSRP when we started negotiations. I was able to bargin them down to $33,441. A call to the owner's son from a friend got me down the additonal $441 to the final price. I was told by the dealer that they would not be selling anymore at that price for a while. I guess I caught them at the right time - last day of the month. :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
There are so many variables involved here that all you're really going to get is anecdotal information. My sales agreement says MSRP but I got $1100 over book for my trade, and the truck had over $2000 worth of accessories installed, every one but one I would have bought, installed for $200. This was a dealer locate/swap, not a truck on the lot, which you will always get a better deal on. So do the math any way you want. I'm enjoying it today. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
I got $1200 off a NAVI model...that's with no add-ons and no trade in. But I looked at what was coming in for the dealer and picked one.

So start with the price and then mention a trade or accesories after you agree on the buying price. You should treat each transaction as a seperate deal. 1. Sale price. 2. Trade in price. 3. ad-ons price. 4. And fianlly, the financing. That's the only way you can keep it straight.

That's why one of the first things the dealer asks is how much do you want to pay a month?? He twisted that a millon ways.

·
Registered
269 Posts
A local dealer (Ralph Schomp Honda) in the Denver Metro area is offering $1500 off MSRP on in-stock units for a limited time.

============================
MileHigh
RedRock Pearl RTL with M/R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts