Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have recently aquired a 2007 Ridgeline with the "RNL" and it still works today as it did day 1....I purchased it from my dad.....

Honda was purchased in Florida but it round tripped Maine / NH for the first 2 1/2 years seeing fresh & salt water fishing,snow & ice,sand & wind from Floridas west coast plus all the duties a "p/u" could see....AND that cover has taken the "USE" with flying colors !!!

Only TRUE maintainence was washing the entire truck with the RNL "IN" so that the rails could be cleaned ....and 1 strap replacement ( closing the tailgate on them WILL fray these..)

This RNL still performs as expected and helped with our purchase,my wife can stop this at ANY of its "stops",open the tailgate in either direction to access the hidden area or the rear of the bed ...while standing flat on the ground!!!

My only question would be to the manufacturer, Are there any "points" to PM these during their lifespan ; Can I lube or clean any areas that will give this unit longer life ??? Will I ever have a time to open the front box for PM's or is that a completely contained unit ????

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dan,

Thank you for the PM tips ..

If this mild winter stays the Ridge will probably stay "south" until mid-spring so no worries on the "salt" effect...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts