Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Hopefully someone have a solution for this. Today, while I was driving home and started the GPS. I noticed that when I applied the brakes, the screen will go on night mode. When I released the brakes, the screen will go back to Day mode. The lights were off and the GPS it is set to Auto for Day and Night.

When I put the signals, the screen will go back and forth into Day and Night Mode. I already checked the light and all of them worked. Any other ideas of what it could be? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
1. Do you have an aftermarket trailer hitch module? These go bad frequently, causing problems similar to this.

2. Do you have any brake or turn light bulbs burned out?

3. If your aftermarket trailer hitch module has been proven to be good (proven good - don't take the trailer shop's word for it), is there any crud built up in the trailer connector that is causing a short-circuit?

4. Do you have a trailer attached? Do things change when you unplug it?

Chip H.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Do you have an aftermarket trailer hitch module? These go bad frequently, causing problems similar to this.

2. Do you have any brake or turn light bulbs burned out?

3. If your aftermarket trailer hitch module has been proven to be good (proven good - don't take the trailer shop's word for it), is there any crud built up in the trailer connector that is causing a short-circuit?

4. Do you have a trailer attached? Do things change when you unplug it?

Chip H.
I have the original trailer hitch from Honda. Maybe the salt short his out? Maybe the ground bolt got unattached? I will check tomorrow and will let you guys know. Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,574 Posts
These types of problems are frequently the result of bad grounds. Problem is, the bad ground could be anywhere. Without a service manual showing all grounding points and a multimeter and knowledge to use it, it can be a challenge to find.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update to this problem:

I have not been able to check the grounds because it has been raining really hard. However, the problem went away by itself. No idea what caused this. I will let you guys know if I get this problem again. Thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts