Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had issues finding the correct front axles and if so what your outcome was getting the correct axles. I ordered a set of axles on rock auto along with a timing belt kit and tore it down to do the job. Timing belt kit was straight forward even with the tsb but when putting the axles in I found the length and splines were correct but the tone ring flange was incorrect as it was too large and would lock the front bearings up when axle nut was tightened. I assumed I got the wrong part online and drove to advanced auto for another set of axles and they were the same, didn't fit. Drove to carquest and purchased another set and the right side was cardone, which was correct, and the left side was carquest, which was the same as the rest, didn't fit. I found it interesting that everything about the axles was correct except for where the tone ring mounted. Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,873 Posts
Yes, use OEM axles. Some of the aftermarket axles have been problematic.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,598 Posts
Just did both of my fronts with OEMs and as expected everything fit and worked fine. You might want to PM Lilyautomotive who posted a great front axle DIY in the how to section of this forum. I think he used aftermarket for the DIY and might have some insight as he does this stuff for a living. . .

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Give Honda your VIN and you will get the right axles.

Some stuff aftermarket is okay, axles is not one of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts