Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a very nice mount for my PDA. See the Proclip site (www.proclipusa.com). It cost $30. It is well designed and took about 2 seconds to snap in to place. You then have to buy a cradle for your device that screws to the mount. I got the center mount version. See the attached picture. They also have any angle version.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
bliss53 said:
I installed a very nice mount for my PDA. See the Proclip site (www.proclipusa.com). It cost $30. It is well designed and took about 2 seconds to snap in to place. You then have to buy a cradle for your device that screws to the mount. I got the center mount version. See the attached picture. They also have any angle version.
Is the Proclip easy to remove?

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I just e-mailed them because I didn't see my phone (Nextel i605) on their list. I will report back once I receive a response.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Toobuku said:
Is the Proclip easy to remove?
It is easy to remove. I test fitted it and it pops off easily. There is an adhesive strip that keeps it from sliding but the clip pressure is doing most of the holding. The adhesive strip faces the inner edge surface of the vent housing. They also sent a platic wedge type tool to spread the trim away from the radio plate so that the thin edge of the clip can get in. My PDA power cord got in the way of the shifter in my original install. A was able to move the device cradle up and to the right on the mounting clip for more clearance.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
They sent me a message tonight. 3-4 weeks before they will have a compatible holder for the Nextel i605.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed the center mount with the Motorolla RAZR V3 holder. Amazing product. I'm thinking about the Angled holder for an MP3 player. This is a great solution! It matched the interior perfectly & can be easily removed without leaving a mark.

proclip_angle.jpg

·
Registered
876 Posts
davecolombo said:
I just installed the center mount with the Motorolla RAZR V3 holder. Amazing product. I'm thinking about the Angled holder for an MP3 player. This is a great solution! It matched the interior perfectly & can be easily removed without leaving a mark.
Does the center mount swivel so that either the driver or the passenger can see it? We're thinking about getting a ProClip for my husband's Treo, as he has TomTom's navigation software on it. But I'd like the passenger to be able to see the screen sometimes, rather than the driver....

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can order a swivel mount from ProClips for an extra charge. The standard mount was perfect for my RAZR V3 cell phone. I'll post some ics soon.

Dave

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
davecolombo said:
You can order a swivel mount from ProClips for an extra charge. The standard mount was perfect for my RAZR V3 cell phone. I'll post some ics soon.

Dave
Looking forward to your pics. I use the proclip for my Magellan 700 in my Lexus ES300 and am very satisfied. I use both vehicle mount and swivel mount to adjust for the glare from the rear window.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I use the Proclip with my tomtom. Great product....

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've used proclip for my older car for a long time, with the swivel mount for my cell phone. Only had to tighten up the screw in the middle of the swivel once in awhile, as I tended to move mine around depending on the lighting to see the screen otherwise super product that I highly recommend. I removed mine from my VW car and only had a very slight gap in the trim around the vents (where that model mounts), which is probably only noticable to me. I'll be ordering the one that mounts on the left side of the dash and probably add a double wide face as I can't reach the right side easily. That way I can put both my ipod and my cell into the same mounting system. That is unless I do something else with the ipod, I'm still thinking about that one.

Laura

1 - 14 of 14 Posts