Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened my RL trunk at about 2 pm on a sunny day and it was scorching hot inside. Since everything is plastic/composite, there is nothing to conduct away the heat coming from the bed surface.

An enterprising company could make some insulation panels that fit under the trunk lid and maybe up above the spare tire. These would need be form fit and have a cut-out for the interior latch release, etc. Could be attached with screws or adhesive.

·
Registered
635 Posts
That will make your beer go flat.

Years ago I saw a cookbook on cooking on your engines intake manifold. Slow roast your chicken, put it on in Pheonix its done in Albuquerque. Maybe we could figure out our solar powered in bed trunk cooker. How many days for beef jerky.

Steve

·
Registered
635 Posts
STEVE FROST said:

Years ago I saw a cookbook on cooking on your engines intake manifold. Slow roast your chicken, put it on in Pheonix its done in Albuquerque. Maybe we could figure out our solar powered in bed trunk cooker. How many days for beef jerky.

Steve
"I am niether for nor against apathy."

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you put the beer in a cooler and leave the trunk as is, . . .

Cold Beer with the Beef Jerky!!

Damn those engineers at Honda are brillant!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
STEVE FROST said:

Steve
only idea that comes up from your idea is a Peltier system. its basically used in computer system to cool CPU's and Hard drives. If anyone doesn't know what it is. FYI site for Peltier: http://www.peltier-info.com/. In a flip of a switch or timer you can either cool or cook your choice.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Londa,

Thats odd, I was just telling someone today that I found the opposite, I left mine parked out in the desert at PIR all day, went back for a cold drink at about 5, and it was still nice, when I got back to my hotel at 11pm, the cheap cooler still had had more than half the ice in it. But maybe the difference is I was parked on sand/gravel, not on a paved driveway or parking lot.

Londo said:
I opened my RL trunk at about 2 pm on a sunny day and it was scorching hot inside. Since everything is plastic/composite, there is nothing to conduct away the heat coming from the bed surface.

An enterprising company could make some insulation panels that fit under the trunk lid and maybe up above the spare tire. These would need be form fit and have a cut-out for the interior latch release, etc. Could be attached with screws or adhesive.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
delphi7x10 said:
I left mine parked out in the desert at PIR all day
I'm not a big PIR fan. The track's too flat. You can hear the tires squealing on tv, just like at your local crash-and-bash. It was interesting to see them run a late afternoon start and finish under the lights, though. That Jimmy Johnson, he's gonna get what's coming to him real soon, and I'm not talking about the championship. :mad:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Londa,

Well I just got a catalog in the mail for a company called
"eastwood unique automotive tools and supplies", don't how they got my name or address, but they do have an insulation kit. the whole kit is $33.00 and comes with a 6' x 2' insulator, tape and addhesive to apply it with. It is not cut to size, but that should not be hard to do.

They also carry that 3M tape for making invisible Bra's that was talked about in another thread, it $40.00 for a 3 1/4" x 75" length with applicator.

Londo said:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts