Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha ROC folks, This is my first post on what seems to be the place to go for this sort of info - so I'm sure someone here knows :)

I realize the RL is a 2006 Model year truck, so literally speaking the march models to the dec 06 models are the same 'model year'. But as far as calendar year/production year vehicles - does anyone know of any changes/fixes/features/etc. that have been changed around some?

Reason I ask is because I have been looking at these things forever and am dying to own one, and probably will within the next 30 days. I love Honda's, have owned a fair share of them, but have had some weird issues with first year models on my 98 accord and 01 Civic, so I wanted a chance for any mfring kinks to get worked out on the ridge before I dive in. Though I haven't really seen anything much in the way of serious issues (here) that showed any consistent issues for concern, but I guess I just wanted to see if anyone out there had any knowledge or even heresay about this, seeing as it's finally 2006 now :)

It's interesting how this damn truck grows on you too...I was sworn to a 2k5 Tacoma, and after driving a friends Element just had to include the ridgeline in my search...and it's been an obsession ever since. Thankfully you fine folks are here to help keep me busy reading until I can pay the nice man for it :)
btw nice site with a good diverse group of folks here, glad to be a part of it and hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Thx
-ssg

L

·
0 Posts
ssg said:
Aloha ROC folks, This is my first post on what seems to be the place to go for this sort of info - so I'm sure someone here knows :)

I realize the RL is a 2006 Model year truck, so literally speaking the march models to the dec 06 models are the same 'model year'. But as far as calendar year/production year vehicles - does anyone know of any changes/fixes/features/etc. that have been changed around some?

Reason I ask is because I have been looking at these things forever and am dying to own one, and probably will within the next 30 days. I love Honda's, have owned a fair share of them, but have had some weird issues with first year models on my 98 accord and 01 Civic, so I wanted a chance for any mfring kinks to get worked out on the ridge before I dive in. Though I haven't really seen anything much in the way of serious issues (here) that showed any consistent issues for concern, but I guess I just wanted to see if anyone out there had any knowledge or even heresay about this, seeing as it's finally 2006 now :)

It's interesting how this damn truck grows on you too...I was sworn to a 2k5 Tacoma, and after driving a friends Element just had to include the ridgeline in my search...and it's been an obsession ever since. Thankfully you fine folks are here to help keep me busy reading until I can pay the nice man for it :)
btw nice site with a good diverse group of folks here, glad to be a part of it and hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Thx
-ssg
Good Morning ssg.
When you buy an RL, it won't grow on, it will become one with you. :D
We're glad you are a part of the family too. We are looking forward to you becoming a full fledged ROC head when you buy your Ridgeline and will expect pictures. Have a great day!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard ssg! I look forward to your contributions to the ROC. I am unaware of any changes to the Ridgeline since the very early vehicles were produced other than what appears to be very minor production tweaks and adjustments. If there are any real changes they are not apparent. I have had mine since June and it has been flawless. Read through the posts and you will see that an updated and new version 4.31 of the Navigation DVD is now out and the powertrain warranty has been extended to 5 years.

I was somewhat concerned about buying a first year of production vehicle but, based on my previous experience with Honda and my local dealer, I went ahead and purchased one. This site and it's many fine members played a significant role in my decision. I have not regretted it for a minute. At 54 years old it has been a loooong time since I have been excited about a 4 wheeled vehicle (OK, to be fair I am also excited about my Harley). The Ridgeline changed that, and it is fun being excited. Again, this ROC site and the incredible quantity and quality of information that is contributed by it's members contribute substantially to my enjoyment of the Ridgeline. I suggest that it will be the same for you.

Once again, welcome aboard!

Oh, and get any color other than primer gray, some think it's silver!

(Kind of an inside joke. Read through earlier posts, I am just trying to keep the fire burning! ;) )

L

·
0 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Welcome aboard ssg! I look forward to your contributions to the ROC. I am unaware of any changes to the Ridgeline since the very early vehicles were produced other than what appears to be very minor production tweaks and adjustments. If there are any real changes they are not apparent. I have had mine since June and it has been flawless. Read through the posts and you will see that an updated and new version 4.31 of the Navigation DVD is now out and the powertrain warranty has been extended to 5 years.

I was somewhat concerned about buying a first year of production vehicle but, based on my previous experience with Honda and my local dealer, I went ahead and purchased one. This site and it's many fine members played a significant role in my decision. I have not regretted it for a minute. At 54 years old it has been a loooong time since I have been excited about a 4 wheeled vehicle (OK, to be fair I am also excited about my Harley). The Ridgeline changed that, and it is fun being excited. Again, this ROC site and the incredible quantity and quality of information that is contributed by it's members contribute substantially to my enjoyment of the Ridgeline. I suggest that it will be the same for you.

Once again, welcome aboard!

Oh, and get any color other than primer gray, some think it's silver!

(Kind of an inside joke. Read through earlier posts, I am just trying to keep the fire burning! ;) )
WELL IT APPEARS YOU'RE DOING A DARN GOOD JOB.
DON'T WORRY....I'LL GET YOU MY PRETTY..AND YOU'RE LITTLE BLACK RIDGELINE.
:D
( see you in November ) ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts