Votes: 51 23.0%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the "what do you do for a living" thread and noticed a lot of health care people in there. I am curious in a broader sense what people do. Are you an Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer, Sales, Government, Business or other? Gonna start a poll and see how this works.

·
Registered
626 Posts
What's the difference between Doctor and Healthcare? Kinda implies that doctors aren't in the business of healthcare... ;)

I kid, I kid!

But hey, isn't that why they call it "practice"? :D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discrimination!!! No place for us retirees except for "Other". :( :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
flymuck said:
What's the difference between Doctor and Healthcare? Kinda implies that doctors aren't in the business of healthcare... ;)

I kid, I kid!

But hey, isn't that why they call it "practice"? :D
Good point. I work in a training hospital and every 2 months we get new medical residents. Most are to book smart when they first get there and are not in the business of health care. LOL

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
You're not just an "other" to me web!!
Thanks, ladyridge. I appreciate that and I feel the same way about you.

·
Registered
479 Posts
:) Ya know, it doesn't surprise me that more than 36% of those who took the poll are engineers. This truck is most impressive from an engineering standpoint.

While I am not an engineer, I am somewhat intelligent. I had to choose 'other'. I work for one of the largest retailers in the country......Project Manager :cool: for the Construction department.

Fins :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
While I vote myself under Engineer, my current role is an IT Architect, and my engineering background is software. I am married to an engineer but she also doesn't do engineering work these days, but if you want someone to design a rocket for you, I will tell her.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Need to add Education to the list:
NJRIDGE= Teacher

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Zemog said:
Hey, where do I fit in as I consider myself a professional bum since I retired.:confused:
Lol, me too, retired bum. But I did spend 35 years building and maintaining 385 plus Traffic Signals from the ground up.

I consider myself an expert on timing & operations, design/construction & installation of any and all types of traffic signal and related computer equip.

My fancy title was Supervising Senior Traffic Signal Technician with Level III Certification.

Oh well, I guess I’ll lump myself under government or others. :(

L

·
0 Posts
Don't be sad because you have to go under Government Joe...I for one am more than happy to pay the Government taxes to help the cause for our retired persons. Thanks for making the streets safe my friend.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I voted "Engineer" since my degrees are in Mechanical Engineering.

However, I am a Project Engineer (Design/Construction) for the Federal Government in Healthcare & Research.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Am a retired farmer, does this mean I'm still an -- OTHER? This is a great truck and I've owned many truck in my time.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts