Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my RL in Friday to take care of the windshield whistling problem and made sure that was all. They wanted to do the oil change but at $34.95 and HAL was at 40% so I told them no, I'll just do it myself later. 6 hours later they call and tell me that it is ready. I go down there and they tell that they also did the TSB on the squeaky steering wheel. When I get in I noticed the VSA light was on and the "warning triangle". They call the mechanic over and he takes it back in and resets the computer? Says he forgot? Doesn't make sense why that would come up anyway. I get back in and as soon as I make a slight turn to the right the VSA starts flashing and the something kicks in (ABS)? and the right side is "grinding" like crazy. I take it straight back in the service dept. and now they tel me THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG? They give me a Subaru Outback and tell me they'll call me Monday. I believe there may be a steering angle sensor and that they may have did something when they removed the steering wheel. They disagree but its just to much of a coincidence. They said they will have to call Honda and speak to an engineer. What a B**ch! :mad:

·
Registered
321 Posts
My steering wheel repair went fine but they had my truck all week doing the Windshield. Also they cannot find my clunking noise coming from the rear end.
I needed the truck today so I got it back and there is tape all around the edge of the windshield that makes a horrible noise when driving. I have a 2 hr drive with this stupid tape noise and then have to take it back Monday so they can continue looking for the clunking noise.
I still don't know if my whistling noise is fixed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey UTK, sounds like exactly the same problem I had when I had my options installed (including rear view camera and metallic trim, both of which "messed with the dash"). When I went to pick it up, and was about to drive it away, I noticed that the air bag sensor light was on. I called a tech out there to see it, and he used his computer to clear the unspecified error on the air bag sensor, then said someone must've tripped it when doing the work and never cleared it. Well, that turned out to not be the case... I drove the truck away and on the next restart (can I call it a reboot when a car has this many computer parts?? :) ) the light was back on again.

It was very frustrating. I had to go back to the dealer and leave the truck for a day, only to find out that they needed to order a part (said the airbag sensor was blown). Then I had to leave it for a few *more* days so they could replace the sensor.

Anyway, the upshot is, the truck is fixed, and all is well with the world. For the first month that I owned the truck, I felt like I was just borrowing it, it was at the dealership so often! Remember this is a first-year model, so a lot of Honda techs are still getting things figured out. They make mistakes; all you can hope for is a quick, inexpensive, and relatively painless resolution to each problem that arises.

Hey, so I'm assuming that no one turned off the VSA (the button on the lower left of the steering wheel), right? Cuz I did that by accident the other day when I got into the truck, and when I saw that yellow triangle, my SO had to look it up in the book... and I was like, oh, must've hit this button. Problem solved! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote: "Hey, so I'm assuming that no one turned off the VSA (the button on the lower left of the steering wheel), right? Cuz I did that by accident the other day when I got into the truck, and when I saw that yellow triangle, my SO had to look it up in the book... and I was like, oh, must've hit this button. Problem solved!"

No, the service manager hooked up the computer and had a tech. drive it. He said even when going straight that the VSA was constantly kicking in and out for no apparent reason. It just bothers me that I took it in for the windshield and now I'm driving a base line Subaru.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I don't have any service horror stories to tell (knock on wood) but I just had to pipe up with the rest of the group who picked the best color. . .

Duck!

L

·
0 Posts
Well....UTK, since you seem to think I have "primer" and no color on Ridgena, I think I will refrain from telling you how sorry I am that you had such trouble. Besides, I see I am the minority here!!
:D ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ladyridge said:
Well....UTK, since you seem to think I have "primer" and no color on Ridgena, I think I will refrain from telling you how sorry I am that you had such trouble. Besides, I see I am the minority here!!
:D ;)
But by having the truck primered it's all ready to get Steel Blue sprayed on it! :D I doubt you'll ever be the minority in any group. You have a way of showing your true personality in writing that I can't even do in person. :( I'm trying though.

L

·
0 Posts
UTKRidgeline said:
....I can't even do in person. :( I'm trying though.
Never say can't!!
ANYONE who posts on this forum is a special and unique person all their own and you sir are no exception. :p
I like to look at all my ROC friends as a ROC Heads Annonymous group with the end words of each meeting being, "keep coming back, it works".
:D
Well..Todd, Drew and I are off for our last race of the year.
Have a great Sunday everyone!!

( sorry UTK, didn't mean to highjack your thread with my rambling ) :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts