Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want first-click-unlock to unlock both front doors, driver-side AND passenger.

Our BMW has this feature. The dealer can program the key to unlock either this way, or the urban carjacker-prevent way, driver door only.

· Registered
5,700 Posts
That's interesting.... but I'd like to see where that is defined also. I know there has been discussion/instruction here on how to program the "auto-lock" function (how the doors lock & unlock when you start & shut off the truck). But I don't recall seeing anything on the specific flexibility the OP is asking about (one click on key fob to open all doors vs. requiring 2 clicks to do this).

Am I just not up to speed on this as well?

· Premium Member
372 Posts
I think the only options are drivers door with one press and all doors with 2.

You can program the interior door locks to do what you want but I don't see anywhere where you can do it with the fob.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I want is not available in my 2011 RL. We spent 40 minutes in the truck with the very knowledgeable salesman at delivery time, poring through manual, looking for a way. There is no way.

I want the first single click on the key to open both front doors. Our BMW works that way. I want a new Ridgeline to work that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.