Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working onsite at a customer site tonight and I was checking the Red Sox-Blue Jays score (bad), and low and behold, on the scoreboard page, is a promo for the Ridgeline.

Take the Do You Know? Trivia Challenge
Sponsored by the Honda Ridgeline

There's a picture of a Steel Blue RTL on top of a mountain with a sunset behind it.

Or maybe it's a sunrise. The sunrise signifying that the Honda of America marketing department finally woke up!!!!! :)

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
It's interesting, because I think Honda puts more of their money into other models (Accord, Civic). The lack of hype, promotion and advertising around the Element is one of my biggest frustrations (as an Element owner) as well as for many of the members on the EOC site as well. I guess the Ridgeline and Element fit a certain niche, but still... show the people how great it is and I think it will get them thinking.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can understand why Honda would focus their advertising dollars on the Accords and Civics, as they are oversupplied and need to move them. Howver, they spent 3+ years and millions of dollars developing the Ridgeline from a concept vehicle to a production model. They spent almost a million bucks on the Super Bowl ad, then very little since. I just think it's a travesty that they chose to market such an innovative vehicle this way.

I mean, I have the sixty second demo nailed. I've done it countless times.

L

·
0 Posts
shingles said:
Here in Houston, Ridgeline commercials come on quite often actually.
I have seen 4 including the Superbowl.
( I get goosebumps when I see one and think, "WOW, I have one of those really cool trucks in my driveway" ) :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Right now Honda is banking on every Accord owner that
wants a truck.
Or Civic owner in my case.
They sell vehicles without much advertising.
Even the Accord and Civic ads aren't on adnauseam like domestics or Toyota. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
While we were waiting for our RTL to be delivered, it seemed like there was a media blitz going on. Rarely a day went by without seeing a TV ad (the one showing it drive through the mud) and I saw a few in magazines. Then it seemed like they just quit doing the TV ads. Has anyone seen the one that starts out with a pair of jeans and the person is wearing an "H" belt buckle? I'm still waiting to see that one again. I finally saw the one where there is a sports car in the foreground and then it shows the Ridge coming along the road.

Honda, show off this truck and you will have more sales. It was the first commercial that my husband saw that got us to the dealer. Prior to that we hadn't even discussed buying a vehicle.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Here at west coast, I see Ridgeline connnercial all the time. At least every 30 minutes in Golden state Warriors televised games and Oakland Athletics games. 3 billboards on the I-880. HGTV, ESPN, etc. They must know there is a huge customer base here in Norcal.

What Ridgeline really need is a Paris Hilton commercial, afterall, 90% of ROC members are her fans.

Tmac, I would bet ROC is going to be much more popular than EOC.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey kid...you SUCK!!! :) Only kidding guy - my Sox are not playing or acting like champions. Nice sweep. See you in October. :)

This target market information is very interesting. I have yet to see ANY Ridgeline commercial on tv besides the Super Bowl commercial. Now I'm not parked in front of the tube all day and night but I watch enough of it, especially the programming that would appeal to truck buyers, and nothing. Hagerswami says they are lots of tv commercials in CA. Now isn't that where they are in short supply and are selling close to MSRP? Marketing 101.

Come on, Honda....get off your butts and sell this vehicle to the masses!!!!!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paris Hilton? Put me in the .0001PPM group. I wouldn't let that s^%$# anywhere near me for fear of catching some incurable disease.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Heh, I don't need to see the commercial anymore...I just look in my driveway and gaze at my RL! Most times I'll then go outside and drive it. It's true though, I've not seen the commercial more than a few times and I've noticed that they're not in magazines like Ford or Chevy. The other guy that had one in town (he's a dealer so I don't count it as legit) now has a Pilot in his driveway instead!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was listening to Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio (on XM, but my local AM sports station carries it too) and a Ridgeline commercial came on. They were selling it on safety and the NHTSA crash test results.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
It is about time that they (Honda) used that angle to promote this truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts