Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proton Car Reversing Aid Sensor

Installation is like any wired reversing kit for the ridgeline, you need to remove the left side and front bed liner to run the speaker wire for the (Beeper and Voice). I also install the control unit in the left rear side of the bed and tapped into the reverse light. Sensor have two way tape to secure them to the bumper, but I put the two screws (provided) in each sensor holder. Drilled a 3/8" hole for wire and feed it through the bumper to the control unit. (I cut off the plug that was on the end of the sensor to pass the wire through the hole, and put a new plug back on the wire.)

The Sensor is adjustable to correct for the angle of the different bumper styles.

Speaker for unit is the size of a half dollar, it also control the volume.

Cost of unit is about $150.00
Time to install is about 3 hours.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks great- and surely less than the Honda option.
Thanks for the photos!

Could you give us a pic a between the two you posted- where we can see the bumper and maybe 2 sensors?

Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
Used these "name brand" reverse sensors on my last truck and wasn't too happy with them...Within three months one sensor stopped working and within a year they both sort of peeled back on the rubber face (looked like s**t then). Wasn't worth the money in the end. Just my opinion, hope you have better luck! :( But, did like the fact that they actually gave you a read-out in distance to the object detected... ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts