Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just leased a '06 Ridgeline RTL w/Moonroof & XM in New York. Amazon Green Metalic! Payments are $400/month for 36 mo. - 12k miles/year and includes tax. Paid a total of $467 out of pocket (1st month, NY inspection ($10), NY Registration ($45), and tire disposal fee ($12.50). Residual was 57% and money factor .0005. Went to another dealer first and got the run around big time. 2nd dealership was more up front and threw in a few oil changes. Internet offers by other local dealers were about the same. Went with the 2nd dealership and was in and out in less than 40 minutes. Now if I could only get my wife to trade in her '02 Acura MDX for a Bedrock Pearl Ridgeline.....

L

·
0 Posts
Hey Scott..welcome to the ROC family....We're glad you're here.
Congrats on your new truck.
Keep coming back.
Enjoy the ride!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the club. Congrats on your new truck and Great color choice!:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Might have overpaid a bit (by my calculations, cap cost was about $31,270), but selection was limited....especially for Amazon Green. Still cheaper to lease and buy at lease end than finance for 60 months at 4.5% (current credit union rate).....assuming the buy out is not financed.

Lease: 400 x 36 months = 14,400 + $18,918 (Residual) = 33,318

Purchase: $31,270 - $1,000 cash to dealer incentive + 8.625% tax @ 4.5% for 60 months = $613/month x 60 months = $36,780

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome to ROC. Don't forget to get your ROC window decal!!!
We still haven't comeup with a ROC hand wave?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
scottjknox said:
Just leased a '06 Ridgeline RTL w/Moonroof & XM in New York. Amazon Green Metalic! Payments are $400/month for 36 mo. - 12k miles/year and includes tax. Paid a total of $467 out of pocket (1st month, NY inspection ($10), NY Registration ($45), and tire disposal fee ($12.50). Residual was 57% and money factor .0005. Went to another dealer first and got the run around big time. 2nd dealership was more up front and threw in a few oil changes. Internet offers by other local dealers were about the same. Went with the 2nd dealership and was in and out in less than 40 minutes. Now if I could only get my wife to trade in her '02 Acura MDX for a Bedrock Pearl Ridgeline.....
Congrats Scott, Welcome to the club and work on getting the other Ridgeline as well. :p

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome to the club Scott.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
scottjknox said:
Hi Scott! WELCOME TO THE ROC! May you enjoy your truck as much as the rest of us!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats! I am sure you will enjoy the truck.

I am expecting to pick ours up either today or tomorrow. Hoping to get that call from the dealer :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome aboard and great color choice.

Make sure you vote for our favorite color.

·
Registered
876 Posts
scottjknox said:
Now if I could only get my wife to trade in her '02 Acura MDX for a Bedrock Pearl Ridgeline.....
Welcome... My opinion, as someone who traded in a 2002 MDX for the Ridgeline, is that you now have the perfect combination of vehicles. If only I could convince my husband to trade his Infiniti FX for another MDX....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
UglyTruckling said:
Welcome... My opinion, as someone who traded in a 2002 MDX for the Ridgeline, is that you now have the perfect combination of vehicles. If only I could convince my husband to trade his Infiniti FX for another MDX....
Thanks for this quote as my wife and I are looking into trading her '01 TL for an '02/'03 MDX. Its good to know someone would get one as a RL companion.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
f20cap1 said:
Congrats! I am sure you will enjoy the truck.

I am expecting to pick ours up either today or tomorrow. Hoping to get that call from the dealer :D
I'm pulling for you to get it today. Our expected delivery date got bounced a couple of times while we were waiting. It was worse than being a 6 y/o waiting for Christmas.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, I'm about 2 hours and 140 miles from being a proud new Leaser. JUST got the call (1100 Pacific Time) from Wade Honda in St. George that my shiny new Redrock Pearl RTS has come off the Transporter from farther up Salt Lake City way and had the various thingies installed.

Got my Ridgeline Check List, my flashlight and a cushie to hold a Diet Coke in hand for the transit through the Virgin River Gorge and the Valley of Fire (or, "fahr," rhyming with "tahr," the things Michelin makes, as us Southerners say).

Just in time to hit St. George rush hour (that's a joke, for you Easterners and SoCal denizens) at the dealership, run back down I-15 and get into the afternoon Las Vegas/Henderson Mobile Parking Lot.

I bring this upon myself because I resolutely refuse to purchase new vehciles within the Area Code in which I reside; an old Family Tradition in our clan.

Will report back soonest.

RGDS,
W7LV

"I understand the Jeep thing; that's why I have a Ridgeline!"

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the club, I am sure you will be very happy with your newly leased Ridgeline. Please post pictures when you get a chance, we all like pictures ;).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is this thing a Hoot, or what?

Left St. George via Santa Clara and Ivins, heading for LV/Henderson via the "old highway 91 route." Dark, cold, lotsa twisty, turny stuff. Wished for a few minutes for my old 240-Z again.

Finally, after 15 minutes of local traffic coming onto and off the two-lane, I asked myself the Fourth Most Important Question of the 21st Century:

"Whaddya wanna do, live forever?"

Stuck my foot into the RL's firewall, ignoring 40 years' conditioning about high revs on a new engine, and proceeded to...ahem...motor smartly through rural Utah and parts of the Arizona Strip, rejoining I-15 south of the Virgin River Gorge.

Not-too-close encounter with a deer West of Ivins. He decided to yield the right-of way.

GENERAL OBSERVATIONS:

1. YeeeeeeHaaawww!!!!!!!!!!

2. Bass was sufficient for me to turn down the sub on "Cheap Thrills" and Allman Brothers medley; most Steely Dan tunes slightly mushy in the highs.

3. AM section of radio was superior. I could hear KNX, KFI and KSL quite clearly in all the places I usually hear those stations, at that time of night, on a Ford or Chrysler radio w/mast antenna.

4. This thing is about the most fun you can have (at my age) without risking Indictment.

The RL is now in the driveway right next to my single-cab, short box RAM. It is actually not MATERIALLY smaller than the RAM. I lost 4" in cabin width, headroom remains the same or is slightly greater. Seats are an order of magnitude better than the Dodge.

Weights are even similar.

As is the fuel consumption. I expect the RL to get better MPG #'s after I cease giving Unscheduled Demonstrations of Gratuitous Acceleration to gathered onlookers, Whuffoes and small boys.

Pics to follow when sun comes up.

Still grinnin',
W7LV

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I was hoping you'd post tonight. That is one fine account of a new owner of this fabulous new truck. I can't wait for the photos in the morning. Sweet dreams.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts