Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am finally a legitimate member of this group. Made a good online deal for a 2020 RTL-E with Jeff Dales at Bommarito Honda in St. Louis and picked it up last Saturday. This is only my 3rd truck in 38 years. I bought a new Chevy S-10 in 1982, replaced it with the purchase of a used 1996 Chevy Silverado in 2000, and now my Ridgeline. I have admired the Ridgeline and wanted one for many years. Now it’s official and I love it! I originally thought I would quickly replace the stock wheels as I’m not a fan, but others around me like them, and they are growing on me a bit. We’ll see!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! I became a member one week ago myself. This is a great forum for new Ridgeline owners, and I have already learned a lot about our trucks.

Those square body Chevys were the bomb in their day. I still have my 86 Silverado, but I’m putting it up for sale in the next day or so. It’s time for it to find a new owner to finish restoring it, or modify it into a show truck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats! I'm a fairly new owner too. Beware all the curmudgeons around here telling you your Ridgeline is a pile of junk and Honda quality sucks. Besides the VW boards, this place is the strangest "enthusiast" website I've ever run across.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Even though some of those curmudgeons are disappointed in the well-documented slip in Honda reliability over the last few years, they aren't about to give up their RLs in favor of any other mid-size pickup. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Congratulations!

Today just happens to mark the one year anniversary of my 20 19. Liking it more than ever.

Reactions: RevJed

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice truck, also love the garage! It's great to have curmudgeons, they make the forum seems less biased and more realistic :) Although I've only been on here for about a year just know not everyone has the same experience but good to keep an open mind about everyone's experiences :)

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
Nice truck, also love the garage! It's great to have curmudgeons, they make the forum seems less biased and more realistic :) Although I've only been on here for about a year just know not everyone has the same experience but good to keep an open mind about everyone's experiences :)
I was just going to comment on the fancy garage, but you beat me to it. The Ridgeline will be enjoying a life of luxury. @RevJed, be sure to put some type of protection on the front end, the slope of the hood tends to accumulate rock chips.

Reactions: RevJed

·
Registered
414 Posts
My first truck was also an '82 Chevy S-10, then I switched to a Silverado, but it was a '95. Should have waited a year as Chevy got 25% more horsepower out of the same size engine in '96.

·
Super Moderator
1,474 Posts
The 95' engine sucked. I had a friend who bought one of those new too. He really hated the power out of it. So much that he bought an aftermarket supercharger kit for it. I had driven it prior to the install and then after it was installed he let me try it again. I just couldn't believe it was the same engine. It was pretty awesome. So much better but he pounded on that thing. It eventually blew the engine up. I believe he ended up replacing the motor with something newer and got more power out of without the supercharger. He had that truck it's whole life. It might even still be sitting in the backyard of his shop. He was a car guy too and had a old repair shop filled with old Corvettes and other Chevy products. He redid a few and drove them too for years and years.

Steve

·
Registered
414 Posts
The 95' engine sucked. I had a friend who bought one of those new too. He really hated the power out of it. So much that he bought an aftermarket supercharger kit for it. I had driven it prior to the install and then after it was installed he let me try it again. I just couldn't believe it was the same engine. It was pretty awesome. So much better but he pounded on that thing. It eventually blew the engine up. I believe he ended up replacing the motor with something newer and got more power out of without the supercharger. He had that truck it's whole life. It might even still be sitting in the backyard of his shop. He was a car guy too and had a old repair shop filled with old Corvettes and other Chevy products. He redid a few and drove them too for years and years.

Steve
At the time I think the power was typical for a truck like that, but technology improved the next year, and lots more since then. I think it was about 205 hp, not even enough for a smaller truck by today's standards. But at least I never had any trouble with it in the 12 years that I owned it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations on the new ride! I became a member one week ago myself. This is a great forum for new Ridgeline owners, and I have already learned a lot about our trucks.

Those square body Chevys were the bomb in their day. I still have my 86 Silverado, but I’m putting it up for sale in the next day or so. It’s time for it to find a new owner to finish restoring it, or modify it into a show truck.
Actually, GaryD, our next door neighbor bought my Silverado with plans to soup it up a bit. Fine with me. I’ll look forward to seeing what they do while enjoying my new Ridgeline!

Congrats! Great looking truck. You will enjoy!!
Thanks so much!

Thanks, zroger73! All the information you have shared since I joined this forum has been so informative and helpful to me. Thanks for helping me confirm my decision.

I was just going to comment on the fancy garage, but you beat me to it. The Ridgeline will be enjoying a life of luxury. @RevJed, be sure to put some type of protection on the front end, the slope of the hood tends to accumulate rock chips.
Thanks, Sparkland, and thanks for the tip! Do you have a specific protector you recommend? By the way, I have appreciated all the feedback you have shared in this forum.

My first truck was also an '82 Chevy S-10, then I switched to a Silverado, but it was a '95. Should have waited a year as Chevy got 25% more horsepower out of the same size engine in '96.
Sounds like we have been on a parallel path, tmz!

Thanks, technist!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,358 Posts
Congrats on your new RL..........I've had mine since April and I find it a suitable replacement for the "Giant" 1/2 ton I had. Nice color choice too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats on your new RL..........I've had mine since April and I find it a suitable replacement for the "Giant" 1/2 ton I had. Nice color choice too.
Thanks, I'm loving it!

Congrats! I'm a fairly new owner too. Beware all the curmudgeons around here telling you your Ridgeline is a pile of junk and Honda quality sucks. Besides the VW boards, this place is the strangest "enthusiast" website I've ever run across.
Thanks! Enjoy your new ride as well!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts