Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Just out of curiosity (not for me since I lack the experience, education, knowledge, and motivation to be a moderator) what are the job requirements for a moderator?

·
Super Moderator
12,748 Posts
General qualifications for a moderator:

1. Someone who has the time to visit the site frequently - preferably multiple times per day. (I, for one, spend WAY more time here than I probably should.)
2. Someone who has owned or currently owns or at least has a working knowledge of a G1 and/or G2 Ridgeline.
3. Someone who can and will follow and enforce the forum rules and terms of use even when they don't agree with them.
4. Someone who can communicate well (decent grammar, decent spelling, etc.).
5. Someone who can set a good example of behavior (i.e, puts a damper on threads that start to get out of hand rather than fueling the fire).
6. Some other stuff.

General job requirements for a moderator:

1. Move threads/posts into appropriate forums/threads.
2. Merge similar threads.
3. Delete duplicate posts/threads.
4. Modify thread titles to reflect the subject of the thread.
5. Warn or ban members who break the rules.
6. Promptly remove spam.
7. Answer questions about the Ridgeline.
8. Answer questions about the forum.
9. Help members escalate issues to administrators.
10. Encourage threads to remain on-topic.
11. Some other stuff.

This is NOT an "official" list of qualifications or requirements- it's just a few things I could think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Based on my other moderator gig. You have to spend oodles of time on the forum. (i qualify) You have to be friends with all moderators (I don't qualify) You have to want to work for free (I qualify) You need to have a thick skin cause people bitch at you as you work for free (I dislike that part a lot of the job) You need to not like anything the forum management personnel does or doesn't do (I often wonder what some of the other Moderators are thinking at times when they comment about them). You usually have to own the product with which you are moderating for. (I qualify but am far from an expert on Ridgelines so I don't qualify).

That about covers it all that I can think of at the moment!
(oh and watch for this post to be deleted quickly)
lol
Steve Not a mod here but a mod there.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Thanks for stepping-up @phineas (y)

The well-considered moderating on this forum has a lot to do with what makes it a great place and resource IMO - looking forward to that continuing for a long time with your added assistance.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Thanks so much everyone. It’s great to be in a position to help out. Feel free to hit me up for anything you need.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
My daughter is looking to purchase her first home. I would like to hit you up for a grant of about $300k.
Hahaha! My son and daughter are both headed to college over the next 5 years. So you’ll have to get in line, my friend. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Thanks. That was unexpected. Who knew tonneau covers would be such a hot button for G2 owners?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts