Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced an unusual discharge of water ( I think) after driving back from work? Everday so far I get a cup or so of water discharge after I park. I am guessin its the AC and the Florida hot sun that does this but I did not know why it accummulates so much and discharges all at once.. :eek:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes Ridgeliner. Every day in my garage I have a small puddle. I'm thinking AC. It is toward the back of the vehicle further than I'm used to seeing an AC puddle (maybe back as far as the front edge of my front seat?). When I saw liquid I was concerned until I investigated and saw that it was water. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
105 Posts
While this may not be on topic directly, I have noticed that the airconditionning contols and display are a bit funky. If you select mode and just tape in which way you want the air to blow and then selct fan speed you get cool air. Keep in mind no ac was selected and no display says ac.

I am wondering if this is a 2 stage air cond itioning system. Maybe it is on all the time per se and that is why you get a small puddle. God forbid if I gave it full aircon...it would leave a river.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The puddle you're seeing is condensed water vapor that accumulates on the outside of the air conditioning compressor when the AC is running. It is normal. I would expect a great deal of condensation in especially humid climates like Florida.

As far as the unusual functioning of the AC controls, I agree. The only way to make certain the compressor is not running is to set your fan speed and which vents the air is discharged from, then push the AC switch until it reads "AC Off."

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
emgun said:
Keep in mind no ac was selected and no display says ac.
This is because the AC is still in Auto mode. When in full auto, it doesn't display any information about fan speed, AC, mode, etc. I would assume that the AC kicks on and off as needed when it is not displayed on the screen.

·
Registered
536 Posts
While on the topic the AC controls... why is the LCD display angled so the clearest view is for someone 2 inches high, standing on the center arm rest.

The LCD should be angled up so humans can easily read the display. Even better if the display were higher contract, as the odometer is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts