Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tire problem, as it appears....had the alignment checked and all was good, but get a pretty consistant pull to the right on pretty much any road, at different speeds, different grades, fllat or otherwise.. The tech thinks it could be a tire, or a couple of the tires.

Anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
48 Posts
check your tire pressure ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, did the dealer check the tire pressure when doing a full alignment...Yes ;)

I wish it was that easy!

·
Registered
48 Posts
how about a brake rubbing, or a bad wheel bearing

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bad choice of words. How about a over torqued spindle bearing causing drag on one tire which in turn rotates slower than the other causing a pull in the steering wheel, same goes for a brake caliper sticking causing pull. Check the pass side front rim after a drive and see if it is hotter than driver side, if so one of the 2 problems listed above are the cause. If they are about the same temp than thats not the problem. Don't burn yourself, here to help you not hurt ya :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This tire issue is crazy and sometimes it seems to pull minimally while other times it is extreme (on the same road none the less). I have driven front wheel drive cars, am familiar with torque steer, etc and have never had this on any other car or truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some of the 2002+ Odysseys were legendary for pulling either right or left. Our 02 pulled right even after being back to the dealer for something called a "sub-frame shift". It finally cured itself at about 15K miles. My theory is that the Ody's tight turn radius compromised the steering.... but then it wouldn't have fixed itself if that were the case.

Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heinrich, Maybe A Little Info To Help You Out.i Was In The Tire Buisness For 20 Years,came Across Numerous Tire Problems From What You Are Describing Is A Typical Radial Tire Pull.simple Fix If The Car Pulls To One Side Simply Cross The Two Front Tiresif The Car Pulls To The Other Side After That Rotate That Side (front To Back) 99% Of The Time Either One Of Those Actions Cures That Pull. I Know The Book And All Car Books Say Never To Do These Things And Thats Why Some Dealers Or Auto Shops Are Reluctant To Do So But It Does'nt Hurt Anything. These Pulls Are Usually Caused By The Way The Tire Was Cut From The Manufacturer. Also My Advice For Whatit's Worth Is Always Rotate Tires Front To Back On The Same Side...

Hope It Works Out
:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts