Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new 2008 Ridgeline that was sitting on the lot for more than a year along with 6 other 2008 models. I got it for $6,000 off because they were not selling. I have a problem though. My truck has 700 miles on it now and every time I take off in the morning I can hear a slight clunk in the suspension and it pulls to the right on the freeway. Anyone ever have this problem. I really love my truck. Trucks going in on Monday to be checked. I'll let you all know the outcome. Any advice.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Clunk on start of first drive of day is normal. Try cross rotating the front tires to cure the pull (It worked for me).

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
My first Honda was a 2000 CR-V and my second was an 08 RL. Both pulled a little to the right, but I lived with it. Now I have an 09 and it really pulls to the right. I called the dealer and on the phone they said they could do an alignment check through the Quick Service and to drop by any time. But when I "dropped by," they said, "Oh, if it's a warranty issue, we have lots of paperwork we'll have to write up and it'll take longer than we have today. Unless you want to leave it overnight..." which I wasn't prepared to do.

But I say all this because the tech said they cover alignment 12,000 miles, so I still have yet to have them look at it. Please let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
For pulls while driving where the alignment is showing to be good and there is no abnormal tire wear, cross rotate the front tires. This should resolve the issue or at least point out a defective tire that is causing the pulling. Trust me when I type this as each time I have had the tires rotated on my ridge, I have had to either cross rotate or replace the tires.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
If your steering wheel is not properly aligned on a straight road then you need your tie rods adjusted; had to have it done on my 08 RL. The 08 Accord was pulling right also, they kept checking alignment with no results; finally dealer replaced all 4 tries and wheels and cured the problem. Stay on the dealer and make him get it right!

·
Registered
307 Posts
My steering wheel came turned about a quarter inch to the left when the road is straight; It didn't pull, but if I drove it with the wheel straight it would appear to want to go to the left when not being held to me (which is just dead center) or if I drove with the steering wheel visually straight the car would seem to be pulling right. Tie rod adjustment cures it as previously posted.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,453 Posts
Cross rotating worked for me too.......it used to pull hard to the right, especially with 2 aboard on a crowned road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts