Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pushed the gear shift button, from Reverse to Drive, and I did not push hard enough for it to engage. I caught the second it moved, no problem.
Months later, same thing, I crashed into our RV in our driveway, owned it for a year
So obviously I can't keep the Ridgeline, love the design, and how it handles and drives but not sure if it is my hand arthritis or slight finger numbness.
I could keep it I believe if it just dinged upon shifting.
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, but yet one more reason the push button gear shifter is subpar to say the least.
More to the point, a piece of crap, poor design, step backwards, change for cost savings miserable functioning, unintuitive user interface.
Have I mentioned it's a really bad design.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline Sport
116 Posts
I don't have the push button transmission, but doesn't it tell you what gear you are in on the HUD (like the 6sp)?
It does, but after years/decades of driving a conventional automatic where you just grab the shifter and pull down 1-3 notches and never really have to look at the shifter or the instrument display, this does take some getting used to...

OP: I feel you, I've only been driving the RL a few months and I've had at least a half dozen or more times where I thought I pressed hard enough to change gears, but quickly found out that I hadn't. I get that they probably don't want you accidentally changing gears if it's too sensitive, but honestly sometimes I feel like I have to make a conscious effort to kind of mash the buttons. I'm generally easy on my things, I don't slam doors, mash my keyboard/mouse buttons, etc., so this is kind of unnatural for me.

·
Administrator
22,394 Posts
I pushed the gear shift button, from Reverse to Drive, and I did not push hard enough for it to engage. I caught the second it moved, no problem.
Months later, same thing, I crashed into our RV in our driveway, owned it for a year
So obviously I can't keep the Ridgeline, love the design, and how it handles and drives but not sure if it is my hand arthritis or slight finger numbness.
Directly in front of you in the gauge cluster is a shift position indicator.

·
Registered
Ridgeline RTL 2022
23 Posts
I have a 2022 RTL you can set it to give a ding when you shift into reverse doesn't make a ding noise going into drive tho!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts