Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to diagnose the often discussed "locked in park" problem I just realized my '06' has a round push button switch below and to the right of the steering wheel (on the knee guard part of the lower dash). I'm sure I knew what it did at one time but cannot remember now and it is not shown in the owners manual. Anyone else have one?

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Just went out and looked at mine and cant seem to find that button. Sorry cant help you out but someone will, just give it a bit more time. Lots of people out this weekend. A pic would be helpful if you can.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I'm gonna' jump right out there & say that's NOT a Honda switch.... likely an aftermarket somethin' or other. My guess would be maybe an override switch for lights in the back or possibly something to do with audio or an alarm system???? 'Could even be connected to an aftermarket rear camera, but you'd likely know about that. You're gonna need to look under there & see where it goes. EDIT: Well that was a wrong guess wasn't it!:!?! (read more below)
You didn't buy this new, correct?

.... and previous poster is correct; a picture's worth a thousand words! :)

FYI, the shift lever release (to move w/o key in ignition, etc.) is on the top side of the steering column under a little rectangular pop-off cover.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Might be the volume / speaker for the optional backup sensors

·
Registered
2007 RTL Steel Blue
539 Posts
That sounds like where the back-up sensor switch is located. Round black button. I installed the Honda back-up sensors on mine and was surprised to learn that Honda pre-marked the panel for a round button down by your right knee, rather than using a rectangular button to fit the empty space between the seat heater switches.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
You boys are pretty sharp. I checked the install instructions @ handa.com for the back-up sensors, and sure enough, that's what it is. Here's a portion that shows the switch being installed:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts