Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to figure out what's up with all the time these fairly hostile hard core 4-wheelers are spending here on this Web site.

I wouldn't imagine there are many among us who bought a Ridgeline to do any serious 4-wheeling. The Ridgeline wasn't even marketed for that use. But what's so wrong about speculating and trying to figure out what it can and can't do?

I can't figure out why these people are even interested in this site. They clearly would never own a Ridgeline, and they seem really, really annoyed that people on this site have the temerity to even talk about their off-road experiences.

Just puzzled....

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
My hard core 4X4 days are behind me. Not that I was ever that hard core, but I've been some places that made an impression on me or even scared me a bit.

Now I'm going to ride around in luxury and comfort. I love my truck and would never put it through something it wasn't meant to tackle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
maybe you guys should go to their forums and dog them for their lack of on-road comfort and amenities.

in any case, they've just got a bad case of quality-envy.

;)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I agree with T Mac. Let's just keep to ourselves. No reason to go anywhere and stir things up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not hard core? I plan on going straight through the puddles after it rains and maybe even down a dirt road- If all goes well then after that it is up a steep highway hill with my kids seatbelted in the back seat! I will also get a bumper sticker saying "This car climbed Mt. Washington" and cross out car an put the word "rig" in its place.

If that is not hard core enough I may even go totally crazy and spray on some of that sprayonmud.com stuff

To think some people believe buyers may be lame. That'll show them up! HARD CORE ALL THE WAY BABY!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Trolls getting their jollies.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ha, the street in front of my house is more hardcore than a lot of people ever see in any of their vehicles (it is a dirt road that the city hasn't bothered to level yet this year). I intend to take this everywhere I took my Forester which is up on logging trails in Maine to get to and from the family camp and to put in the canoe on the lake near the camp as well. Just a couple small water hazards and a few muddy pits, nothing this won't handle, the Forester did just fine with it. I wouldn't have taken my Civic through it though. If I really wanted to do 4x4 stuff, I would go get a late 60s early 70s Land Rover and fix it up. That is what my family used to use and those things are tanks, I certainly wouldn't take out a 2005 Tacoma. I don't have that kind of disposable cash to destroy a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I guess they're similiar to the taunts I/we get on the street. Either way, I can't help it if their family jewels won't even sell at a 5&dime...

·
Registered
105 Posts
it was interesting the other day, I went to a ball game and parked to do some tailgating. A bunch of other trucks and a few cars pulled in a parked next to me and my friends. 3 guys got out of a 4x4 that was rather high and said you need a real truck to go and hit the mud. I smiled and said, but i don't want to. They also said that the vehicle was not a real truck. To which I agreed. I called them over, opened the trunk which was full of ice for the beer and had the steaks in there as well before I put them on the grill. I said yep, not a real truck....I would like to see you do this with yours. To which I could count all of the teeth in thier mouths as thier jaws dropped. One asked me how you gonna get the ice out, I said when it melts, I open the drain plug. I love my mobile party. Now to get a smoker that I can trailer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts