Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been watching many videos of all different trim levels of the Ridgeline lately, and I am seeing some discrepancies among models. I was wondering is someone could clarify something about the third zone HVAC (Back Seat) for me.

Some models appear to have controls in the rear seat (much like the Pilot) so that passengers can control their own temperatures from the rear. When this is present, you can also see a "rear lock" button on the front dash next to the "RR Settings" button. Does anyone know which model this is, or if it is exclusive to Canada?

Most of the models I see have no controls for the rear passengers, and this button is blanked out with a plastic button filler. Just wondering on which model and which country this feature is available on. I am starting to think people are using Pilot pics in their videos and tricking my brain!

Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Along with ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, turn signals in the rear view mirrors, and some other (depending upon trim level) 'wish we had that' items... all sadly Canadian advantages :frown:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hello,

Some models appear to have controls in the rear seat (much like the Pilot) so that passengers can control their own temperatures from the rear. When this is present, you can also see a "rear lock" button on the front dash next to the "RR Settings" button. Does anyone know which model this is, or if it is exclusive to Canada?

Thanks!
Methinks it's just the Canadian models that have the separate rear controls.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
Exclusive to Canada

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Along with ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, turn signals in the rear view mirrors, and some other (depending upon trim level) 'wish we had that' items... all sadly Canadian advantages :frown:
Exclusive to Canada
Thanks guys! Those are some pretty cool features. Wish they were in the States. Nice to know I wasn't going crazy though.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I was mad at first when I found out only Canadian Ridgelines got separate back seat HVAC controls. I was posting about this last year when Ridgeline debut. It was shown when they were introducing Ridgeline very big picture Tri-Zone Climate Control. But USA Ridgeline separate Tri-Zone Controls are good enough for a pickup truck. The driver or front seat passenger can control the rear HVAC controls from front. If you have rear passengers they still can have their own separate heating/cooling zone. The driver has their own front zone passenger their own zone. Then the rear passenger has their own zone just need to ask up front.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
So if the turn signals in the mirrors are only a Canadian thing, how do they satisfy the requirement that turn signals be visible from the side? Or is that a Canadian only requirement and the reason of the lights in the mirrors? It has been a requirement here since about 1970. I do notice the side lights at the front and rear are marker lights only and would not satisfy the Canadian visible signal light law.

I recall the "lights on for life" campaigns here in the 70's and DRLs started showing up here in the mid 80's and were mandated in 1990. I still don't understand why DRLs haven't been mandated in the US, though most manufacturers now include them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
FYI... Taken from the 'Additional features on Canadian Models' thread... with further info there (like the different Canadian trim levels and how some options are available on their trims that differ from those available in the US):

The following features are unique to the Canadian Ridgeline.

- Heated windshield wiper area
- Ventilated front seats
- Power folding mirrors
- Rear climate control panel
- Heated rear seats
- CD player (accessory for US models)
- Rain sensing wipers
- Dual note horns
- Turn signals in the mirrors
- Splash guards (accessory for US models)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Folks, pretty new to the forum (been lurking for a while). Hope to own an RTL-T one day.

Had to ask - ventilated front seats exclusive to Canada. Because it gets hotter there than down south in the U.S.? That one boggles my mind more than the others.

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
Yes, there is no rhyme or reason as to why Honda chose the trim levels and options that they did for U.S. models vs Canada.

One can presume that they are doing some marketing experiments, at the risk of pizzing off many of their loyal AND potential customers. That would be pretty risky on Honda's part.

More likely, there are probably some obscure legal ramifications that we are not aware of...maybe some of those Canada options haven't been UL-LISTED yet, or anti-competition clauses with Acura, or something silly like that.

Honda presumably doesn't care as long as they keep selling all of the Ridgelines they are building. However, it would be a GREAT sign that they are interested in satisfying their customers IF they offer the Canadian trims in the U.S.

·
Registered
219 Posts
... ventilated front seats exclusive to Canada. Because it gets hotter there than down south in the U.S.? That one boggles my mind more than the others.
Right there with you... here in Florida... where it will be over 80 degrees (fahrenheit... 27 celsius) today... in January.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts