Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2013 RTL that came with backup camera and navigation.

One thing I noticed is that while the camera has great picture, it does not show the guide lines that some other backup cameras display.

I was in a rental vehicle that even showed me the predicted curve when I turned the wheels and had colored lines to show the width of the vehicle and had green for far away, yellow for medium, and red for up close.

My question is: Is it possible for me to upgrade the software on my RTL to include features like that?

I had a hard time just dimming the screen because it was so bright it hurt my eyes when I was driving at night and I couldn't shut the GPS off. I'm really clueless when it comes to messing around with this thing.

I'll have to get photos later if its not too cold outside.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
No, you can not update software while you can replace the factory unit with all new hardware with the features you want.

The brightness is user adjustable, look inside the menu, you can also use the small pinwheel button in front of you near speedo.

If any consolation, all 2016 models have the colored lines with predicted turning curve.

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,458 Posts
The brightness wheel "henni" is referring to is actually on the upper-left of your dashboard near the tachometer. Your navigation screen brightness is linked to the dashboard instrumentation lights.

98.jpg

Also, there are brightness control settings within the navigation system itself if you want it to be different/separate from the instrumentation lights.

76.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies!
Got the screen dimmed to tolerable levels. Now I just need to do something about the glare when the sun is shining in.
Bummer about the software, but just being able to see behind me is great. Saved my mother's dog from getting run over this morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts