Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my friends,

I have a factory bed cover that I hate. It leaks like crazy, and I hate having to reach up under there for the crap that slides to the front. There is a bakflip for sale locally for only $300 and I would like to buy that instead.

The installation of the bakflip looks very easy, but I am concerned with the removal of the OEM cover and that the hardware underneath will be the same.

Will someone please confirm that there was nothing subtracted from the bed that I would for the installation of the bakflip? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv3kb7sVqUs

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
I've never seen an OEM cover in person, but I believe it will remove completely, leaving you with a 'stock' bed.

The Bakflip then installs easily on a stock bed (be sure you get the cover and both side rails rails, if it's missing any minor hardware, it's still a good deal but you don't want to have to buy the rails).

$300 is a great deal, snag it before someone else beats you to it!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If your OEM leaks it's on wrong. Most of the time the front is not seated in the groove correctly. Mine's been on since new and doesn't leak at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your OEM leaks it's on wrong. Most of the time the front is not seated in the groove correctly. Mine's been on since new and doesn't leak at all.
I think you're the only one then. There are hundreds of posts online about people with OEM covers that leak like hell. In fact, even the honda dealer will tell you before you have one installed that they're not made to keep water out.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've never seen an OEM cover in person, but I believe it will remove completely, leaving you with a 'stock' bed.

The Bakflip then installs easily on a stock bed (be sure you get the cover and both side rails rails, if it's missing any minor hardware, it's still a good deal but you don't want to have to buy the rails).

$300 is a great deal, snag it before someone else beats you to it!
I have a virgin set of rails from my first Ridgeline that Bakflip sent as replacements that I never got around to installing. So if you want them, you can have them. All you'll have to do is pay shipping.

Just shoot me a PM if you decide to go that way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have an OEM Cover and it rarely leaks. Meaning when I am lazy and run it through a touch less car wash it leaks, I would speculate about a half a cup of water. Other than that a mere trickle for rain events when caught outside.

So I am not sure what has been going on with yours. I like it, but I can understand your frustration. My wife thinks it's completely unacceptable.

K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts