Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here can tell me (or speculate) how the Ridge's visors are constructed and installed? I am fixin' to buy another driver's side visor and install an LCD monitor into it, for connection to a rear-view camera. I'll have to take the visor's covering off, cut the monitor into whatever the internal padding is made of, secure it, and get the wife to re-stitch the cover.

Assuming that the lighted visor on the passenger side has wires running thru the visor rod, hopefully the driver's side will be the same (i.e. have a hollow rod), so I can hide the wires (video & 12vdc) for the monitor/light/mirror.

I haven't pried-off the plastic cover where the visor rod meets the roof, but assume this would pop-off and reveal a bracket that would unscrew somehow.

Anyone here have knowledge of this? I have priced a new OEM visor and it is about $50; if I ruin it, well I ruin it but I know the wife would freak if I took off the original one and started messing with it--I will instead carve-up an "extra" and take my good-natured time about it!

BTW I posted a pic somewhere here of the Farenheit LCD monitor with lighted mirror I'd ordered--looks very nice, but its back is unfinished, and in any case it's just thick enough (I dunno 1/2"? 5/8"? 3/4"? actually about the thickness of the visor) that I wouldn't want to surface-mount it anyway. If this works according to my vision, it will be a very nice enhancement indeed.

Would love to have been able to afford the Nav system, but we really had to draw the line there! :(

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm, no help. I guess I will buy the visor and give it my best shot.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This may be a roundabout solution to the lack of a driver's side vanity mirror that is an absolute dream come true for vanity buffs! Just imagine, instead of having a mirror to check your visage, you could have at your disposal a live-action video camera, hand-held and displaying on your sun visor! Use it to check make-up, hair, and teeth in 360 degrees! Maybe I wouldn't show up to work looking so scraggly if I had something like this in place... Just wait, five years from now it will come standard!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking more along the lines of a satellite dish, and Bloomberg TV on the thing. Imagine reading those scrolling stock quotations during busy-but-boring commutes! Or how about PIP of the rear view camera, full time instead of just when in reverse!

Methinks Honda would not approve...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I ordered a new visor to install my LCD to; probably a couple weeks before I get it, and get to it.

Pics and links for what I bought are in Camera Install.

L

·
0 Posts
I like you're way of thinking Tristano. Clean teeth are real important ( not to mention lucious lips :p ) and I hate adjusting my rear view mirror all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts