Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New to RL and the site and have searched before asking this question.
Ordered a G2 RL and of course it delivered late – in fact the day after I left for 33 days away with work. I assume the girlfriend is looking after it?
Principal use is daily driver and hauling dirt bike. Will also use to occasionally trailer road bikes to service.
The bed is a bit higher than most 4x4. On lower beds I can have a 12” wide ramp and a step/bike stand next to it and just push the bike up (260+lb 450cc machine) and step into the bed.
With the higher bed is this doable or do I need to have a second ramp next to first and walk up that ramp / or ride the bike using the second ramp for extra margin?

Secondly, I have purchased a full size spare and I am wondering with it mounted to the front left of the bed where you stow a removed (flat) full size, is there still access to the tie downs on the left side front of the bed? Upper and lower – I suspect no.

Finally, with the wheel mounted forward there, I am guessing there is still room to nudge a dirt bike front wheel to the right of it, against the headboard of the bed, if that makes sense.

Any help appreciated. Day I get home, heading off to the west of VA for the Shanendoah500 and am itching to go. New truck and all.
Vince

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's certainly easier to walk up a second ramp but doable with a milk crate or solid mx stand next to the ramp. No idea about the spare deal.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I load a drz400sm into my lifted G1 with a single ramp and a stand...so g2 is lower and your bike is wayyyy lighter so you should be ok. But a dual ramp is always easier and safer.

The spare tire might fit under your bike...maybe not completely but might slide under a little bit on one side. or put a blanket over it and throw it in the cab.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The bed is a bit higher than most 4x4. On lower beds I can have a 12” wide ramp and a step/bike stand next to it and just push the bike up (260+lb 450cc machine) and step into the bed.
With the higher bed is this doable or do I need to have a second ramp next to first and walk up that ramp / or ride the bike using the second ramp for extra margin?
I would get a second ramp or a wider ramp so you only have to deal with one. Nothing hurt more than a motorcycle falling on your head. or crashing through the back of the truck window. that might hurt more, but consider it a tie and get the ramp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
New to RL and the site and have searched before asking this question.
Ordered a G2 RL and of course it delivered late – in fact the day after I left for 33 days away with work. I assume the girlfriend is looking after it?
Principal use is daily driver and hauling dirt bike. Will also use to occasionally trailer road bikes to service.

Secondly, I have purchased a full size spare and I am wondering with it mounted to the front left of the bed where you stow a removed (flat) full size, is there still access to the tie downs on the left side front of the bed? Upper and lower – I suspect no.

Finally, with the wheel mounted forward there, I am guessing there is still room to nudge a dirt bike front wheel to the right of it, against the headboard of the bed, if that makes sense.

Any help appreciated. Day I get home, heading off to the west of VA for the Shanendoah500 and am itching to go. New truck and all.
Vince

I found the tail gate low enough to lift my bike into the bed. I walk beside the truck to put it in (never get in the bed). A ramp (narrow or wide) would work the same way, just walk next to the truck no need to get in the bed. If you can't quite reach the handlebars to attach the tiedowns I just step on the top of the trucks back wheel.

I don't have an answer for the spare as I have the compact spare in the trunk.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts