Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to ask T-Mac to create another Forum and call it Installation Tips and Techniques.

It seems like alot of us have installed accessories and have found short cuts and may have pictures, this would give us a central place to store these and not have to hunt through all of the other posts to find how to install the backup camera or running boards or those killer "Night Hunting" PIAAs in the Rook Rack (just kidding I hunt at Trader Joes and fish at Costco).

Anyway just a thought.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
As long as the moderators are willing to donate their time to hunt down and move all of the good stuff over there, I'm all for it. If everyone on here just did their part to practice a little more board discipline, then it wouldn't be as messy. Rant over. :)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
This is a great idea. I just got a request for installation pics on the air deflector, so this idea fits right in with what I am currently involved in. It would be so helpful when decided if one even wants to tackle a self-install. It would boost confidence and save time and trouble for anyone who could benefit from what we learned along the way.

I have a question about how many pics to post on the install process. I have been taking very detailed pics, but I don't want to hog the show or get into overkill. Is there a limit to what this fabulous website can hold and store?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
One tip I have for everyone, if you order the hard tonneau cover, let the dealer install it. The instructions is 15 pages long and involves a lot of depaneling. It is heavy as well.
I am very pleased I got it installed prior to delivery in March. Not only does it make my Ridge look sharper, but it is lockable as well (no big deal). i have removed and reinstalled the top and it is very easy but again heavy. You will need a 7/16 socket and your wife. Oh, and have something handy to store the top to protect the rubber edge when you sit it on the ground.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you T-Mac :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
I am very pleased I got it installed prior to delivery in March.
You know, this is very good advice. Get the dealer to install all your options before you drive off the lot. That way if they really muck it up you can demand a new vehicle. Once you drive off the lot you are married to the car and the dealer....

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I just moved a bunch of threads over to the new category. For those that use the new post tool, please forgive me for posting several messages about moving the threads. I found out that the only way to have the moved threads show up in the new category was to make a fresh post.

I think I got most of them.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Londo,
Not all of us have irresponsible dealers. Our running boards were loose after only having them on one week. Three or four nuts had fallen off. We swung by the dealer today and they fixed it immediately and made sure all the nuts were on tight. They even apologized profusely. All of our dealer installs look great.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Thank you, moderators, for your great work organizing the site.

My dealer-installed accessories are also doing just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts