Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do just the tweeters have a crossover inline to them and the front door speakers roll off naturally? I'm assuming there is no crossover for the 6.5s to cut them off at say 3khz or 4khz, etc.

I'm thinking of replacing the 6.5s in the front doors with some midbass drivers, and I want to make sure I don't need to add anything. I'll use the HPF on the HU to send 80 Hz up to the fronts.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,150 Posts
The Tweeters crossover is built into them so they receive full signal. I don't think there is any crossover at all for the door speakers.

Don't bother doing the front door speakers unless you replace the stock tweeters as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Tweeters crossover is built into them so they receive full signal. I don't think there is any crossover at all for the door speakers.

Don't bother doing the front door speakers unless you replace the stock tweeters as well.
I might but I'm not much of a highs guy. I can't stand when highs are bright or harsh. I don't have a problem with the way the tweeters sound right now.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
445 Posts
The harsh tweeter sound is one of the most common complaints I read, and I have the same complaint. But maybe that's a G2 thing.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,150 Posts
I assume you saw the "Pimp" thread that is stickied at the top of the GenI Mobile electronics section? Nearly 50 pages on the subject of the stock tweeters.
I don't know what year your GenI Ridge is but the tweeters in the majority of GenI's are really poor to the point where they barely add anything to the sound. Oddly enough the tweeters that came on my 14 Sport were very different than the ones that were on my 06 and they actually half way decent.
Everyone has their own tastes in how music should sound but I really do think that for most of the GenI's a front tweeter replacement is the first step in any audio upgrade.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assume you saw the "Pimp" thread that is stickied at the top of the GenI Mobile electronics section? Nearly 50 pages on the subject of the stock tweeters.
I don't know what year your GenI Ridge is but the tweeters in the majority of GenI's are really poor to the point where they barely add anything to the sound. Oddly enough the tweeters that came on my 14 Sport were very different than the ones that were on my 06 and they actually half way decent.
Everyone has their own tastes in how music should sound but I really do think that for most of the GenI's a front tweeter replacement is the first step in any audio upgrade.
Does anyone know where I can buy extra sail panels for the doors? I did think about putting some aftermarket tweeters there but I'd rather not cut up the ones in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts