Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search and didn't find anything on straight pipes. anyway so a buddy of mine took his truck and got his muffler cut off by the shop and he got a straight pipe installed in place of the muffler... he still has his cat converter because of the emissions and didn't want to go illegal... just the muffler was removed... the thing sounds mean as anythig... just wanted to know if it would be a bad idea to do this on a ridgeline? any body tried it before? thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
IIRC, it was done before. The drone at highway speeds was brain-melting. I think the guy also cut out the resonator, too, so that may have had something to do with it. If you want a little more sound, you may want to think about possibly cutting out the resonator and leaving the stock muffler. I believe that has been done before, too. Any competent exhaust shop would be able to do it pretty quick and inexpensively. I'd hold onto the resonator if you end up not liking the sound, though. You're not going to see any performance gains from this. It'll simply be an audible increase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts