Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
I do not know what alloy wheel that is, but have you tried to reach out to the mfg of the wheel or the place that sold you? If you bought it second hand, then contacting the mfgr is best.
I presume that the spare wheel has the same offset and width as the 18" ?

Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
As this is posted in the G1 Section @Ridge066 I'm assuming you have 18" G1 Wheels and 17" G1 Spare Wheel?

If so both are Alloy's so the Lug Nuts should be similar. OTOH, I purchased G3 Pilot 18" and the only issue is the Lugs are different from G1 to G2, although G2 would work on a G1, the G2 Lugs are "smaller" by the setup.

@smufguy have you ever found a way to "measure" for lug nuts, I've looked previously and I'm never quite satisfied with what I've found for answers. I know the thread and pitch, but I'm often concerned with the depth, if that makes sense?

@zroger73 & @McChizzle any input or info would be greatly appreciated

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
@Carsmak , I think I get what you mean and here is what I know.

- On a G1, you can pull your wheels off and just with the rotor on the hub, the OEM/Stock lug nut can be fully tightened. Meaning, the wheel stud protruding past the rotor hat is shorter than the depth of the lug nut.

Here are the confirmed specs for the G1

Steel Wheels
Lug Dia/Pitch: M14-1.5
Socket size: 22mm
Lug Style: Acorn w/washer
Seat Style: Conical Seat | 60deg
Overall Length: 1.38in

Alloy Wheels
Lug Dia/Pitch: M14-1.5
Socket size: 22mm
Lug Style: Acorn
Seat Style: Radius ( aka round or ball seat)
Overall Length: 1.37in

I have had good luck with Dorman (https://www.dormanproducts.com/) to find what I need (along with centric/APC) .

In all honesty, I am going to manually check for the style of lug nut a wheel takes, I would probably either contact the seller or the mfgr of the wheel. If none is responsive, I would take Playdoh and get an impression of the seat in the wheel.

Styles of lug nuts.

Registered
As this is posted in the G1 Section @Ridge066 I'm assuming you have 18" G1 Wheels and 17" G1 Spare Wheel?

If so both are Alloy's so the Lug Nuts should be similar. OTOH, I purchased G3 Pilot 18" and the only issue is the Lugs are different from G1 to G2, although G2 would work on a G1, the G2 Lugs are "smaller" by the setup.

@smufguy have you ever found a way to "measure" for lug nuts, I've looked previously and I'm never quite satisfied with what I've found for answers. I know the thread and pitch, but I'm often concerned with the depth, if that makes sense?

@zroger73 & @McChizzle any input or info would be greatly appreciated
Yes, I have OEM G1 18" sport wheels and planning on using OEM G1 17" alloy as my spare, can that be done? For some reason thought I needed different lugs.

Sorry for delayed response here, I wasn't following the thread.

Registered
18's are stock on my 2014 but the 17" alloy is from 2006-??? RL if that matters. Looks like 06&07 have different lugs than 08&09 for alloys based on Speedlevers chart.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts