Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two quick questions regarding the kit.

1) the controller that comes with the wiring harness kit, is that the brake controller?

2) The subharness in the back, has an additional socket. What's that for?

thanks,
-S

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi,

1) An electric break controller can be added with a 4 pin harness included with the Kit.

2) Two sockets are on the back of the hitch a seven pin and a “UHaul” four pin. Don’t know were I heard the four pin called a “UHaul”.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response - regarding (2) I am actually referring to the socket that's on the harness, not to two ends that are installed on the hitch. I can post a picture of it when I get home.

So.. where does the brake controller harness connect to under the dash? And what does the included controller control? Just the lights?

thanks,
-S

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi,

(2) If you search for hitch in the group someone has taken pictures of all the steps for installing. I can think of any extra connectors.

There is a four pin connector next to the steering wheel. If you look in the owners manual under towing, they also refer to its location. While installing the wiring I made the mistake of "freeing it". It has blue tape on it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi,

Sorry, was typing away and forgot to check that I answered everything.

Your right, the controller is contains relays and I think some circuity that is for the lights, and power to the trailer.
There should be a wiring diagram , that you will need to map wire to the brake controller not with oem package.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The socket with the plug is Honda's way of splicing wires. The blank plug in the socket connects the various pins in the socket.

It's a cheap, reliable and waterproof way of splicing.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Whaleya said:
The socket with the plug is Honda's way of splicing wires. The blank plug in the socket connects the various pins in the socket.

It's a cheap, reliable and waterproof way of splicing.
I'm sure you're dead on. I had an earlier post where the maroon plug was left off when the dealer installed the hitch. Nothing worked and they had a hell of a time figuring it out until they opened the box on another hitch kit and found the plug. Put it in mine and everything worked perfect!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts