Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is more along the marketing aspect. I was thinking is would be nice if Honda hooked up with let's say "Bass Pro Shops." "Orvis" or "REI" and came out with a special edition. Similar to what Ford Trucks did with Harley-Davidson, or Chevy/GMC did with Eddie Baurer. Heck, hook-up with Sears and do a "Craftsman" themed truck. Or even better, West Coast Auto and have "Pimp'd my Ride" version for the Ridgeline. Image seeing Ridgeline's being used in hip-hop music video's instead of Cadillac Escalades EXT's.

And thank you folks, you all asked the questions that I wanted to know about as well. :)

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Due to slander... marketing issues...trade secrets etc... what
was said in St. Louis must stay in St.Louis !!! :eek:

:)

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I too would like to know the answers to the RL questions asked... Stop teasing, you know you want to TELL US!!!!!! :eek:
You should have been there! Gary gave a super presentation. To sum it up, my truck is actually a better vehicle than I thought.:)

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Hmmm... Sounds like the real truth is that after all that beer, cider, etc., nobody can remember Gary's answers. Nobody except Raz & Raz ain't talkin'.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Hmmm... Sounds like the real truth is that after all that beer, cider, etc., nobody can remember Gary's answers. Nobody except Raz & Raz ain't talkin'.
I think the dog was also traumatized... having to jump on top of all of those beverages.... Just to save the humans from themselves. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Looks like you just hit the comma club and 1/2. Congrats on the 1,500. Raz is a cool dog. Matter of fact, most times I observed him, he was in a pool of ice water.:)

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
You should have been there! Gary gave a super presentation. To sum it up, my truck is actually a better vehicle than I thought.:)
I had no idea how tough the truck really is. And yeah, we all gave them a full ear about their current marketing. (there may be one marketing guy in particular that hopes to not see ChrisM and I again. :rolleyes: :D :D ) It would be really cool to see some of our commercial ideas come to reality as we had some REALLY GOOD ideas.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I had no idea how tough the truck really is. And yeah, we all gave them a full ear about their current marketing. (there may be one marketing guy in particular that hopes to not see ChrisM and I again. :rolleyes: :D :D ) It would be really cool to see some of our commercial ideas come to reality as we had some REALLY GOOD ideas.
The "rock drop" should be a TV commercial. I will not complain about bed scratches again!:cool:

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
The "rock drop" should be a TV commercial. I will not complain about bed scratches again!:cool:
True! After hearing about the comparison between traditional truck beds and the Ridge bed AFTER 10 rock-drops; all of the scratch people need to shush up. I no longer want to hear about scratches.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
True! After hearing about the comparison between traditional truck beds and the Ridge bed AFTER 10 rock-drops; all of the scratch people need to shush up. I no longer want to hear about scratches.
I promise... Paint scratches still fair game?:rolleyes: ... I saw the video of the rocks and was impressed. Now I figure they would all scratch. Please tell me about detail damages to the others.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
I was not able to make it, as I had other commitments, but it would be nice if somebody could give us the "Reader's Digest" version the presentation, of what Gary said, and what questions were answered.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
I promise... Paint scratches still fair game?:rolleyes: ... I saw the video of the rocks and was impressed. Now I figure they would all scratch. Please tell me about detail damages to the others.
Rumor has it that they had extensive dents/damage, which isn't surprising to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Steel Bed 1X Rock Drop. Just for your reference. Look at those nasty scratches. How about the pesty dents - that would really p#$% me off. Too bad the Ridgeline is 3X stronger. You should only try this on your Ridgeline - it is the only truck that can stand up to this kind of abuse and beg for more!! "Real" trucks can't stand this kind of abuse.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Steel Bed 1X Rock Drop. Just for your reference. Look at those nasty scratches. How about the pesty dents - that would really p#$% me off. Too bad the Ridgeline is 3X stronger. You should only try this on your Ridgeline - it is the only truck that can stand up to this kind of abuse and beg for more!! "Real" trucks can't stand this kind of abuse.
Hey Gary, thanks for the post and pic. Hope to see you again next year.:)

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Gary, Welcome to the ROC... I would like to thank you personally (but I guess on the ROC will have to do), for the development of the RL. I won't bore you with details... I have been a fan of the RL since the reveal of the concept. I am 6'9" and delayed my purchase of one of those full size crew cab so called real trucks when I first discovered all that the RL offered... Nice work with making the interior as big as the full size trucks. I did however, had to ditch the foot rest...

Once again welcome to the ROC... and now my shameless plug for the aluminum diamond plate tonneau that I created for my RL....

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14752&highlight=tonneau

and a pic...

41 - 60 of 91 Posts