Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sport
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take my kayak out maybe once or twice a year - or zero in the last two years as the boat seems to be getting narrower and tippier each year. My daughter and family have booked a campsite and I've been advised to bring the 2 kayaks, whereupon we will apparently have fun.

So I'm looking for the 'hook under the upper door frame' type as sold by Yakima, Thule, Rhino-Rack etc. I would prefer not to pay the prices requested by the above manufacturers but the Sport Rack is within my price range. My wife has had one for her car for 4-5 years and it's fine, but it doesn't fit the 2019 Ridgeline.

Amazon advertise the Sport Rack SR1002 as fitting the Ridgeline whereas the Sport Rack site is anything but clear if it fits the Ridgeline or not. I've got an inquiry in with them but getting impatient. Does anyone have a Sport Rack mounted on a Gen2?

·
Registered
19 RTL-E
33 Posts
No help here but if you're only going to do it the once...maybe you could rent a small trailer to strap them to and save some money.

I carry a couple different kayaks on roof racks and in the bed on a regular basis. Its not practical for me to have a trailer here but as soon as I get back to the mainland, they'll go on a trailer.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
445 Posts
....My daughter and family have booked a campsite and I've been advised to bring the 2 kayaks, whereupon we will apparently have fun...
This made me laugh. I'm glad to see I'm not the only grumpy old man on the forum. :D

·
Registered
2019 Sport
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This made me laugh. I'm glad to see I'm not the only grumpy old man on the forum. :D
That surprises me. I can think of at least 3 other frequent contributors who are far(ther) ahead of you and me in the curmudgeon stakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts