Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,053 Posts
Moderator Note: Thread “Pruned” in length by nearly a PAGE!

How you ask, if you are the last person who posted this or any other thread, please edit your previous post, if you feel the need to reply to multiple posts, please try the “Multi Quote”.

I am not going to call out specific members, but some of you!!!

RANT OVER!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just put these wheels on with 255/60-18's Yokohama winter tires

Iceguards I presume? Had those on my last vehicle - great tires, equal with bllizzaks/hakkas on ice and significantly less expensive. Liking the look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Anybody powdercoat their factory G2 wheels? Will they take a powder coat?

I would think that they could be sand/bead blasted and re-finished. Someone must have done this....
They would have to be stripped down so that they could be coated properly , same process for anything you powder coat

Question for anyone that has put rims on with a larger bore........??? Did you put a hub centric ring on or just go with out ??

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Question for anyone that has put rims on with a larger bore........??? Did you put a hub centric ring on or just go with out ??
Hub centric rings are there for a very particular reason. Just think about the fitment and vibrations with the wheel's bore does not fit over the hub bore exactly.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hub centric rings are there for a very particular reason. Just think about the fitment and vibrations with the wheel's bore does not fit over the hub bore exactly.
Well I'm not putting mine on without them but I see a lot of people with aftermarket rims and some arent available in 64 mm bore so I was curious if they got the rings or not.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Well I'm not putting mine on without them but I see a lot of people with aftermarket rims and some arent available in 64 mm bore so I was curious if they got the rings or not.
Last time I checked, the G2 had a 70.1mm bore. Typically wheels have a larger bore, like a 73mm, and then carry appropriate centric rings.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Last time I checked, the G2 had a 70.1mm bore. Typically wheels have a larger bore, like a 73mm, and then carry appropriate centric rings.
According to Discount Tire one of our site sponsors and other various internet sources the hub bore size is 64.1 on the 2017

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
According to Discount Tire one of our site sponsors and other various internet sources the hub bore size is 64.1 on the 2017
I fail to see where DTD has that on their selection. Using 2017 Ridgeline AWD, I get the following wheels and their bores on DTD website.

Velox Apex: 73mm
Voxx Como: 73mm
Konig Crown: 73mm
Drag DR-69: 74mm
American Racing AR105: 74mm
Beyern Multi: 74mm
Black Rhino Taupo: 76mm

You are indeed specifying the vehicle year and model accurately, right?

Okay digging a bit deeper, I see where the confusion is. Let me start with MY knowns

Here is my thread and post #2 shows the actual hub of a 2010 Honda Ridgeline >>https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/32-1g-tires-wheels-suspensions/214004-rotora-bbk-velox-apex-dynapro-rf10.html
  • The rotors I used to have fit over the hub and they were 70.1mm bore size. The current one (with the black hat) is the same.
  • The wheels I have have a natural bore of 73mm and have hub centric rings.
This G1 thread says the bore is 64.1mm >> https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/32-1g-tires-wheels-suspensions/21568-what-hub-center-bore.html

The 64.1 is the center bore or CB of the vehicle's hub.
The center bore of a wheel is the outer diameter of the hub receiver where the rotor and wheel need to sit on and that is 70.1mm.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mumbles, just an FYI, here is the breakdown on which MDX wheels fit as not ALL MDX wheels fit the Ridgeline.

Acura MDX

'01 - '06: 5 x 114.3mm
'07 - '13: 5 x 120mm
'14 - '16: 5 x 114.3mm
'17+: 5 x120mm
Thanks, would it be the same for these are AWC wheels not Acura OEM ? Acura parts offered for Winter Driving.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Thanks, would it be the same for these are AWC wheels not Acura OEM ? Acura parts offered for Winter Driving.
As long as the wheels fit the model years I indicated in bold, then yes. You can choose whatever offset you want, but do your research and stay conservative for a peace of mind.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I fail to see where DTD has that on their selection. Using 2017 Ridgeline AWD, I get the following wheels and their bores on DTD website.

Velox Apex: 73mm
Voxx Como: 73mm
Konig Crown: 73mm
Drag DR-69: 74mm
American Racing AR105: 74mm
Beyern Multi: 74mm
Black Rhino Taupo: 76mm

You are indeed specifying the vehicle year and model accurately, right?

Okay digging a bit deeper, I see where the confusion is. Let me start with MY knowns

Here is my thread and post #2 shows the actual hub of a 2010 Honda Ridgeline >>https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/32-1g-tires-wheels-suspensions/214004-rotora-bbk-velox-apex-dynapro-rf10.html
  • The rotors I used to have fit over the hub and they were 70.1mm bore size. The current one (with the black hat) is the same.
  • The wheels I have have a natural bore of 73mm and have hub centric rings.
This G1 thread says the bore is 64.1mm >> https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/32-1g-tires-wheels-suspensions/21568-what-hub-center-bore.html

The 64.1 is the center bore or CB of the vehicle's hub.
The center bore of a wheel is the outer diameter of the hub receiver where the rotor and wheel need to sit on and that is 70.1mm.
So you're saying that a 64.1 to 74.1 hub centric ring is wrong

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Whew...thought I knew what I didn't know. Now I'm confused because the OEM wheel specs I've seen for both Gen1 and Gen2 RLs show center bore of 64.1 mm, not 70.1 mm. I've always just assumed that 64.1 mm is the diameter of the hole in the center of the OEM wheel, which fits precisely over the vehicle hub.

See post #3 in the link you provided https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/32-1g-tires-wheels-suspensions/21568-what-hub-center-bore.html:

"64.(1)mm is correct. Hub rings I ordered for my new wheels were 73 x 64.15mm, they fit perfectly"

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hopefully the below image might help. The outside ring (70.1mm) is where the wheel's bore sits and centers on. So the vehicle hub's center diameter is NOT THE SAME as the wheels hub's center diameter.
So wheels that fit the Ridgeline, all have greater than 70.1mm diameter bore.

More explanation here >> https://performanceimprovements.com/blogs/news/how-to-choose-the-right-size-hub-centric-ring
Well I def appreciate the help and enthusiasm, I read the website and went as far as to call them and they were very helpful. He explained that i needed a 64.1 to 74.1 hub-centric ring for the rim I have he explained that 64.1 is a very common Honda size

I also contacted Tire Rack, CarId and Discount tire just to be sure and they all concurred with performance improvements.

I again Thank you for solidifying what I thought. I'll make my appointment now to have everything swapped out. Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: has aRe: R2 Alternate Wheel Pictures

Sport wheels on white RTL-T
That's the best looking stock RL wheel Honda has IMO. Nice look, but It would be nice to hve the H in the center cap and lugs be chrome to go w the door / bumper chrome on the non Sport & BE models like this IMO.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts