Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: R2 Alternate Wheel Pictures

I got a set of Michelin Lattitude X-Ice XI2 (245/60 R18) installed on the stock BE wheels and got a set of these...

Centerline wheels (20"x10.5")
+40 offset
275/45 R20 Falken STZ05 tires

I didn't want to increase the diameter (still want to be able to use the spare), but wanted a wider wheel & tire to flush out the wheel well.

I decided to run a staggered tire size this time around...business in the front, party in the back🤘

Same 20"x10.5" wheels with +40 offset
275/45 R20 in the front
305/40 R20 in the back😀

I like big butts and I cannot lie...

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I decided to run a staggered tire size this time around...business in the front, party in the back🤘

Same 20"x10.5" wheels with +40 offset
275/45 R20 in the front
305/40 R20 in the back
That's a difference of 3.56 revolution per mile with the front being taller tire than the rear. Is that within the tolerance of the AWD system?

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's a difference of 3.56 revolution per mile with the front being taller tire than the rear. Is that within the tolerance of the AWD system?
With close to 2000 miles on these tires so far, I've noticed nothing wrong with the AWD system nor have I noticed any irregular tire wear. You'd see more than 3.56 rev/mile difference if you drove curvy / twisty roads all day.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
The tire diameters are close enough that it wont be too much of an issue, however, I wonder why the wider tire in the rear when the truck is basically FWD when you start cruising. If you are going for just looks, which looks it is, good for you..................

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am looking at a 2020 RL with the chrome look upgrade rims. I see there is no offset in these rims like the stock RTL-E rims
The ugly RTL-E stock rims have a 55mm offset. I take that is where the rim sits closer or farther out from the truck.
Will there be a problem with the chrome OEM rim? Like rubbing
Is it a negative 55 offset or a positive 55 offset? That is 2 1/8 inches difference.
Because of this. Would the chrome change handling? Or will the tire sit 55 mm out or in from the truck with no offset?
Why would the sell the chrome rim as a upgrade if it don't match the stock rim size.
My other option is going to the sport rim. I like the looks better than the RTL-E But are they as strong?

·
Registered
204 Posts
The top 9 wheels in the hubcaphaven link all have the exact same 55mm offset and will all fit a 2017-2020 RL, the rest of the wheels have 45mm offset and will fit G1 as well as G2

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
@Stick man , the 55mm offset is +55mm offset; positive offset. With the positive offset, the wheel barrel would be pushed in towards the frame of the truck. Also, the current gen Pilot, 2016+ model years, also have a +55mm offset. This applies to all OEM wheels (stock and accessory). That does not mean, every wheel is the same diameter; they have 18" to 20" wheels, but are all 8" wide.

Road handling and road feel will change as you go higher in wheel diameter, under OEM setting where the tire diameter remains the same. This is due to the smaller tire sidewall height and lower the height, lower the tire overlap. With the 20" wheel, the pilot had a 245/50R20 tire while the 18" wheel had a 245/60R18 tire, both the tires have same overall diameter. Because the tire overall diameter and the wheels' offset are +55mm, there are no rubbing or clearance issues.

What that means is that you can get the Pilot wheels, put OEM tires on them and they will fit your G2 with no concern. Since the wheels are essentially the same, with the Chrome being the same accessory between Ridgeline and Pilot, you need not worry about the wheel's load rating.

Someone can shed some light on the Lug nuts. I see the G2 BE lugs are the same part number for '12-'14 & '17-'19 Ridgelines, '11-'19 Pilot, '19+Passport and '11-'19 Odyssey. However, according to the above, I would imagine that you can stick with your stock G2 lug nuts, get the Pilot wheels and secure them in place using the G2 Ridgeline lugs.

The top 9 wheels in the hubcaphaven link all have the exact same 55mm offset and will all fit a 2017-2020 RL, the rest of the wheels have 45mm offset and will fit G1 as well as G2
Because it is not filtered by years.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So the oem chrome rims will stick out 2 more inches than the standard oem because it has 0 offset. It will have a wider footprint of 4 inches side to side. I don't mind that.I like the looks of the chrome rims.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
^^^Are you sure about 0 offset for Honda chrome look wheels? Genuine Honda accessory wheels for the RL and Pilot should be same offset as factory stock wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
^^^Are you sure about 0 offset for Honda chrome look wheels? Genuine Honda accessory wheels for the RL and Pilot should be same offset as factory stock wheels.
Look at the links . All the OEM rims have a 55mm offset but the chrome look ones. So if it is a +55 and the chrome is 0 wouldst that put the tire farther out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Say what? Did you just miss my whole response above? :rolleyes:
Yes. I read the whole think but didn't address the chrome look rims having 0 offset as per my link showing this. All the OEM rims have 55mm offset but the chrome rims do not. And if it is positive like you say than the 0 would put the barrel out farther than a +55. Did I miss something?
Did you read the links I posted on OEM? showing the OEM rims having 55mm offset but the chrome one has 0.
I wasn't sure if OEM rims where + or -.
They will fit but I was concerned why this rim is not offset like the others.
Thanks for your response.
BrandFactory OEM
MaterialAluminum
Size18" x 8"
Diameter18"
Width8"
Lugs5
Bolt Pattern120mm
OffsetNo
Style5 Y Spoke
Part Number08W18TG7100
FinishChrome
Year2017
MakeHonda
ModelPilot
Product NumberW64089CHR
SKUW64089CHR-2

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes. I read the whole think but didn't address the chrome look rims having 0 offset as per my link showing this.
I dont think this wheel is 0 offset, I just think they are not aware of what it is so they post "no". You might want to give them a call to confirm, but I would bet this wheel is just like the others with a +55mm offset (call to confirm)

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Yes. I read the whole think but didn't address the chrome look rims having 0 offset as per my link showing this. All the OEM rims have 55mm offset but the chrome rims do not. And if it is positive like you say than the 0 would put the barrel out farther than a +55. Did I miss something?
Did you read the links I posted on OEM? showing the OEM rims having 55mm offset but the chrome one has 0.
I wasn't sure if OEM rims where + or -.
They will fit but I was concerned why this rim is not offset like the others.
All OEM offerings are +55mm. The link of a third party says 'NO' which is similar as "NA - Not Available'.
Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So the oem chrome rims will stick out 2 more inches than the standard oem because it has 0 offset. It will have a wider footprint of 4 inches side to side.
No

141 - 160 of 165 Posts