Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Radiator ?!?!? And maybe ac

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  speedlever 
#1 ·
Ok guys, love my 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL.
Had / Have an a/c issue ... Long story short rebuilt the clutch all seemed to be going well .... Well .. Well enough, I was waiting for warmer temps to vacuum and recharge and I find a leak bottom passenger side of radiator above the cooler at the seem. I am waiting on my new radiator to arrive, and its a beautiful 70 degree day so I vacuum my ac system ... It holds the same pressure 20 minutes. I start the recharge. And then I see

This .... When the engine was running and this when I shut it off

Looks and smells like radiator fluid. Again I have a new radiator on the way. Clutch did engage BUT no high side pressure on the ac and not cooling but it did take some freon ( just plain ol R134a ) and oil ( partial charge pag 46 ) .
So my question is does the radiator effect the ac system like this or are they in fact 2 totally seperate problems?
Thank you for your help !

See less See more
#2 ·
Oof. Small leak there.

What radiator are you using for the replacement? I just replaced mine with a Murray from O'Reilly ($183). It has the new style connections to the heat exchanger and appears much more robust than the OEM radiator from Honda.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.