Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings -
I know the subject of radiators has been hashed, rehashed, rehashed again, and regurgitated, but I haven't seen anything on the Duralast.

I've had five(5) Denso radiators delivered, all damaged, and sent back. Local Honda dealership wants $400 plus(will sell to me for $366) just for the radiator.

Out of frustration I stopped by my local Autozone. Only one they sell is the Duralast with a lifetime warranty.

Has anyone tried the Duralast?

Out of all the radiators ROC users have purchased/installed, which one(TCY, Spectra, OSC, Denso) gets the highest marks?

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Richard

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,289 Posts
That's really bad luck to have that many with damage. I think the Denso from ROCK Auto is the preferred one, followed by the OSC. I don't know if the OEM from Honda is the same as the Denso or not. I'm thinking not... so the OEM may not include the improvements the Denso has as regards the connection to the heat exchanger.

I know nothing of the Duralast radiator.. but I'm sure AZ will stand behind it if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update -

Two from Amazon damaged(Denso)

Two from Walmart damaged(Denso)

Just had second one(Denso) from RockAuto delivered damaged and now they won't send another. Although RockAuto packed them a little better with additional packaging material FedEx still tossed them around pretty good. Rock auto doesn't want either of them back.

Might try walmart again and have them keep sending them until I get a good one.

First one from Rockauto had the side frame bent but the transmission lines appeared ok.
Second one from Rockauto had side frame bent but both transmission fittings were bent pretty bad.

Maybe have the them both pressure tested. Who knows one of them may be good.

Richard

·
Super Moderator
23,289 Posts
Wow. I wish there was a local supplier of the Denso radiator. Wonder if they're warehoused in other locations?

Reactions: kimber1911

·
Super Moderator
23,289 Posts
307 delivered to your local dealer by estore. 2007 anyway, no clue what year you are as not in profile.
I got my china denso replacement from amazon.

Im finding estore pricing pretty good
The idea being to pick one up in person and skip the problematic shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts