Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2013 RTS and the first thing I did was install fog lights and a sport grille. While I had the front end off I started thinking this would have been a good time to install screens behind the lower openings to protect the radiator fins from stone strikes. What I have in mind is wire screen with maybe3/16" or 1/4" openings, small enough to catch the big stuff but large enough to not interfere with air flow. Does anyone know of a made-to-fit screen for the Ridgeline? Thanks for any input.

Tom

PS.
Here's the before and after pictures of the grille & fog light installation. Popping the front end off is relatively easy and quick. The difficult part of the job is getting the chrome bezel off the old grille and getting to the block where the relay plugs in, it's buried under a bunch of other stuff by the engine fuse box. While I had access I took the opportunity to rustproof all the metal structure and inner fenders that are normally hidden.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
121 Posts
That looks much better. I have the same alternate grill on my 2012 RTL.

I hate to tell you but it's not a "Sport" grill. When I first saw the new Sport grill, I thought it looked the same as this alternate grill that you have installed but closer comparison shows that it has a different shape and size in the honeycomb pattern.

Check out this thread in which I incorrectly stated that the Sport grill looked like my grill: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42386

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Welcome to the ROC, nice looking RL!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you're correct, that's not a true sport grille but an alternate that is very similar. I knew the difference, it was just sloppy writing on my part....or was it a test of the forum? Yeah, that's it, it was a test and you passed. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, you're correct, that's not a true sport grille but an alternate that is very similar. I knew the difference, it was just sloppy writing on my part....or was it a test of the forum? Yeah, that's it, it was a test and you passed. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Whatever it's called, I like it more than the standard grill. Good choice and welcome to the ROC.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Welcome to the club... It looks great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, Honda really pulled out all the stops to come up with an original name for it. Oh well, name or not, I like the look. Now to get those lowr openings screened. I wonder if I can get access from below by removing that center black air dam piece. Does anyone have experience with that? Any screens I install I want to do from the inside so they look like they could be OEM to the untrained eye.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts