1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look up your radio and/or Navi code

Honda Cars - Radio / Navigation Code Retrieval

Audio and Navigation System Theft Protection
For theft protection purposes, your audio system will be disabled if it is disconnected from electrical power for any reason. To make it work again, you must enter a specific code with the preset buttons. Because there are thousands of possible number combinations from five digits, making the system work without knowing the code is nearly impossible.

Retrieve Your Code
You can retrieve your code using this website by providing identity verification and vehicle information in a few simple steps.

Hours of Operation
This automated process is available Monday to Friday 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time) , 4:00 AM to 6:30 PM on Saturdays , and 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM PST on Sundays.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought my Ridge used and I didn't get the code. What if I need a new battery it will disable and I won't be able to us ethe radio or nav. Any suggestions?

·
0 Posts
I bought my Ridge used and I didn't get the code. What if I need a new battery it will disable and I won't be able to us ethe radio or nav. Any suggestions?
Yes. If you disconnect the battery, you may need those codes to get the radio and/or nav to work. I wonder if a Honda dealer can "secrectly" get you that code. You may want to check with HondaTech.:confused:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Yes. If you disconnect the battery, you may need those codes to get the radio and/or nav to work. I wonder if a Honda dealer can "secrectly" get you that code. You may want to check with HondaTech.:confused:
The radio code is on the sticker on the glove box exterior on the drivers side when the glove box is open.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
The radio code is on the sticker on the glove box exterior on the drivers side when the glove box is open.
Also if you have the books that came with the RL, it's written in when the initial vehicle inspection took place.

·
0 Posts
I wonder if the dealer placed them in the glove box for you prior to delivery...which is a nice touch...as long any thieves wouldn't know to look there.:eek:

When I took delivery of my last 3 Hondas, the dealer handed me a sticker sheet with the codes on it and instructed me to keep them in a safe place. I keep a file folder in my house with the codes written on it, the sticker sheet is in my manual bookmarking the "Radio" operation section and I also registered them on the Honda website. I think I'm covered (OCD). :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
My code is conveniently stored in the flip down storage bin right under the radio. I figure if someone is going to break in to steal the radio, the damage is already done. What do I care it they can activate the thing!?!?

Scott

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Honda with Nav stolen and recovered. The thieves unhooked the battery in an effort to foil LoJack. Didn't work but my radio and Nav were dead. Since they took the owners manual and I had not put the codes in another place as suggested by salesman, I was stuck. I returned to dealer and they pulled the Nav unit and the codes were on the back out of site. They did not charge me anything. Now a new Ridgeline owner RTL.

Sdlne

·
Registered
102 Posts
I lived this experience a few months ago. The battery was dead. Called the Auto Club. They arrive, put a "booster" plug thru one of the accessory ports and replace the battery. After the main battery was in place, the booster was removed, along with the memory settings of the radio code. So, I removed the radio from the dash and go to my nearest Honda dealership. The service advisor (after verifing my identity) calls a number and is given two possible codes and neither one work. Service advisor has me reinstall the radio in the dash, push two buttons at the same time which displayed my code. I entered the code and voila, it worked.

Nowhere in the glove box or on the radio itself was there a sticker printed with the radio code on it. Frustrating as heck, but an evil necessity to get my radio working again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As stated earlier in this thread you need the serial number for a dealer to look up the code. If you can't find it anywhere then you will have to remove the unit to get the serial number off the back. Once you have the serial number you can follow the link in this thread to get the code. Or you can stop by a dealer and they should be able to get you the code.

There is a way to retrieve the serial number for the radio by holding, I believe, the 1 and 6 buttons before you hit the power button. That only works for certain years and certain models.

If you know where the truck was originally sold you could contact that dealer to see if they have the codes on file.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If anyone doesn't feel like going through the hastle of calling the Dealer i would be glad to run the serial numbers for anybody and get the codes. Just let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer wrote the codes, "for my convenience", in the associated fields of service book that they strongly suggest I keep in the glove compartment. They told me this about 2 minutes before they strongly suggested I remove the card with the codes as soon as I got home.

You should have seen the look on the salesman's face when I called him out. :eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
06 with Nav I had to replace the battery and my nav asked for the code. I tried a few numbers that I thought would work but they didnt. (I thought I put a custom code in it in 06).

After a few wrong tries the Nav screen went blank and the radio display asked for a code. I looked around and found my codes.

After entering the radio code the Nav display lights up for about 1/2 second and goes blank.

Now there is no way to enter the Nav code. I tried disconnecting the battery again but that didnt work either...

any thoughts???:mad:

Ok,, time heals everything..... I let it sit overnight and this morning it was back to normal.. entered the code, have nav....

:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Who would go thru the trouble of stealing a factory stereo?! That's a waste of time. Good link for the codes though!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Once you have the codes you may want to keep them like I do. I keep the radio and key code in my cell phone. I had the Honda TTS ipod connecion system that I had to pull the radio fuse every couple of months to keep it working. Having the radio code in my cell phone saved a lot of time digging through papers looking for codes and I always had it with me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
When getting back into my RL after a supermarket stop yesterday, the truck asked me for the code. I put in the radio code as well as the NAVI code. Neither works. It wants 5 digits. When I put in the first 4 of the radio code, all numbers go blank so I can't enter the last digit. The radio works without the screen. I can't get to the NAVI without entering the code. I know I have the right codes - just can't enter them. Any thoughts? Also, why would it ask me for any codes in the first place after just being parked for a few minutes? It has done that before but I have never had problems entering the code. Thanks for help!

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When getting back into my RL after a supermarket stop yesterday, the truck asked me for the code. I put in the radio code as well as the NAVI code. Neither works. It wants 5 digits. When I put in the first 4 of the radio code, all numbers go blank so I can't enter the last digit. The radio works without the screen. I can't get to the NAVI without entering the code. I know I have the right codes - just can't enter them. Any thoughts? Also, why would it ask me for any codes in the first place after just being parked for a few minutes? It has done that before but I have never had problems entering the code. Thanks for help!
make sure the leads to the battery are snug. Since the radio is quirky right now, might be a good time to reset it by pulling the battery cables for a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts