Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I lived this experience a few months ago. The battery was dead. Called the Auto Club. They arrive, put a "booster" plug thru one of the accessory ports and replace the battery. After the main battery was in place, the booster was removed, along with the memory settings of the radio code. So, I removed the radio from the dash and go to my nearest Honda dealership. The service advisor (after verifing my identity) calls a number and is given two possible codes and neither one work. Service advisor has me reinstall the radio in the dash, push two buttons at the same time which displayed my code. I entered the code and voila, it worked.

Nowhere in the glove box or on the radio itself was there a sticker printed with the radio code on it. Frustrating as heck, but an evil necessity to get my radio working again.
I just spent the last 45 minutes looking in all the recommended spots...no codes, no S/N. Any chance you can PM me the magical two button combo?
As bad as the factory radio is, no music at all is even worse. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
WT ........Heck

I should start a thread, I disconnected my battery, thinking the code the dealer gave will work based on the info s/n on the glove box. Punch in 2 codes 2 times nothing. Went to the owner link, to get it, but before I did I double checked the 6-1 power to confirm I had the same s/n.

Guess what? yeah different s/n, great, go to the Honda link, where I have been registered for over a year, put the info, wrong ph number or zip code put a different ph number.wrong again, and get a display saying the vin num has been disabled for sec purposes. Called them got help fast asked me for some info that most of it they had already, gave them the s/n they gave one code, tried it, nothing gave a second one and ding ding ding, got It. Good Service from Honda owner link.

Question is, Did the dealer that sold the truck screwed up by putting the wrong s/n on the glove box? or.........? since I got it used

·
Registered
51 Posts
Look up your radio and/or Navi code

Honda Cars - Radio / Navigation Code Retrieval

Audio and Navigation System Theft Protection
For theft protection purposes, your audio system will be disabled if it is disconnected from electrical power for any reason. To make it work again, you must enter a specific code with the preset buttons. Because there are thousands of possible number combinations from five digits, making the system work without knowing the code is nearly impossible.

Retrieve Your Code
You can retrieve your code using this website by providing identity verification and vehicle information in a few simple steps.

Hours of Operation
This automated process is available Monday to Friday 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time) , 4:00 AM to 6:30 PM on Saturdays , and 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM PST on Sundays.
Just an FYI this doesn't work if you bought the vehicle used as I just tried. It says
Either the "zip and phone" OR "zip and email" you entered does not match those on file for this VIN. Please confirm and try again. For security purposes you will have only 1 more attempt to enter this information correctly.

I guess I will go and see if I can register the vehicle on their site in my name and go from there. The 800 number on the you tube video is only M-F so I can't call them today either.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The radio may have been replaced at some point in time and the new s/n tag was never put on in place of the old one.

WT ........Heck

I should start a thread, I disconnected my battery, thinking the code the dealer gave will work based on the info s/n on the glove box. Punch in 2 codes 2 times nothing. Went to the owner link, to get it, but before I did I double checked the 6-1 power to confirm I had the same s/n.

Guess what? yeah different s/n, great, go to the Honda link, where I have been registered for over a year, put the info, wrong ph number or zip code put a different ph number.wrong again, and get a display saying the vin num has been disabled for sec purposes. Called them got help fast asked me for some info that most of it they had already, gave them the s/n they gave one code, tried it, nothing gave a second one and ding ding ding, got It. Good Service from Honda owner link.

Question is, Did the dealer that sold the truck screwed up by putting the wrong s/n on the glove box? or.........? since I got it used

·
Registered
51 Posts
My issue is I bought a used RTL (no navi) and the CD player has 6 discs stuck in it, so I bought a used OEM radio off ebay and the guy didn't have the code. So my vin doesn't match the numbers from the radio and I am not the original owner so I can't get it on Honda's site. I am going to call Monday and see if they can help me out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I found it easier to just call the stealership and nicely request a service appt....

The Ridge had an oem battery and after sitting 7-8 months it gave up,dead...I replaced it on a Friday and found the stereo is now :act024:...but I went home to NH that Saturday....

Called Ft.Myers Honda and asked about the "Codes" ;they were written down in 3 places BUT did NOT take....the service writer informed me to drive over and it will be taken care of on their "Dime"....

Nice lady and even though I am still 13 days from going south , appt. is already booked.....plus they know it is due for service and I have 1400+ miles to drive :act030:

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone doesn't feel like going through the hastle of calling the Dealer i would be glad to run the serial numbers for anybody and get the codes. Just let me know.
Hi,
Our radio is serial no. 3002 0698.

I will be grateful for the code to enter.

Thank you. Arne

·
Registered
9 Posts
When upgrading the speakers my battery was disconnected, which requires the code for both the stereo (5 digit code) and NAV (4 digit code). Bought the car less than a month ago, but was never provided the code, and when I called the dealership they were useless.

Here's how I got the two codes:

Register your car here: http://owners.honda.com/

Once this is done you will need the serial numbers for both the stereo and the NAV

For the stereo hold down numbers 1 and 6 until the Serial number comes up.

For the NAV hold down Map, Menu, and Canel buttons all at the same time. After
about 15 second you will see a menu come up. Select Unit Check, followed by NAVI ECU. Here you will see the serial number.

With the serial numbers and VIN you can go back to the owners site listed above and retrieve the code(s).

Note for the stero code it gave me about 20 options! It was about the tenth that worked. Not sure if it locks up after a certain number of tries, so be careful. After 5 incorrect codes I disconnected the battery, to be safe, which reset the count.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 06 Ridgeline.

I opened the glove box and there was a little white sticker with 3000 0590.

Not sure what that is, if someone can help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an 06 Ridgeline.

I opened the glove box and there was a little white sticker with 3000 0590.

Not sure what that is, if someone can help would be great. Thanks.

If you need the radio code i can get one for you, i got some connections with dealer in my area. I can do it tomorrow.
Those number are radio serial number

·
Registered
765 Posts
This whole radio code thing is mind-blowing b/c who is trying to steal Ridgeline factory radios anyway?

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This whole radio code thing is mind-blowing b/c who is trying to steal Ridgeline factory radios anyway?
cause honda thinks everything they do is desirable ;act028:

·
Registered
6 Posts
When upgrading the speakers my battery was disconnected, which requires the code for both the stereo (5 digit code) and NAV (4 digit code). Bought the car less than a month ago, but was never provided the code, and when I called the dealership they were useless.

Here's how I got the two codes:

Register your car here: http://owners.honda.com/

Once this is done you will need the serial numbers for both the stereo and the NAV

For the stereo hold down numbers 1 and 6 until the Serial number comes up.

For the NAV hold down Map, Menu, and Canel buttons all at the same time. After
about 15 second you will see a menu come up. Select Unit Check, followed by NAVI ECU. Here you will see the serial number.

With the serial numbers and VIN you can go back to the owners site listed above and retrieve the code(s).

Note for the stero code it gave me about 20 options! It was about the tenth that worked. Not sure if it locks up after a certain number of tries, so be careful. After 5 incorrect codes I disconnected the battery, to be safe, which reset the count.

Hope that helps!
YOU ARE AWESOME! I know this is an older thread but I am a new owner of a Ridgeline and your tutorial saved me from having to go to the dealership! :cheerleader:
+5000

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
36 Participants
snifferpro
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing