Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a 2012 RTS and no radio code in service manual, no sticker on glove box. So, I tried have key on, hold 1 & 6, then turn radio on, and it display reads "DIAG". I am afraid that battery dies (typical for AZ) and I left with no radio. All help is appreciated. Do I have to pull Radio out , is dealer able to obtain or?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy all: I am new to this site and am searching for a way to obtain the radio code, serial number and the navigation GPS code as well for my 2012 Honda RTL w/navigation. I also have a 2011 Element and the codes were in the glove box as they are supposed to be. However, there are no notations, cards, tabs, notices or even post-its in the manual, service book or navigation book.

I do not want to take the radio out to find the numbers, and have e-mailed Honda for assistance. But till I hear from them, any suggestions. I want to add XM radio to my vehicle as well as do a update of my GPS system. Any suggestions? BTW I am the third owner of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I bought a 2012 RTS and no radio code in service manual, no sticker on glove box. So, I tried have key on, hold 1 & 6, then turn radio on, and it display reads "DIAG". I am afraid that battery dies (typical for AZ) and I left with no radio. All help is appreciated. Do I have to pull Radio out , is dealer able to obtain or?
I too have this same issue. I plan to replace the negative battery cable in the future but would like the have the code before I do this.
I did however get the radio to perform the LCD diagnostics by punching random presets. Not much help but cool to watch for a while. (I don't have much of a life!:rolleyes:.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2019 RTL with COLOR audio. I do not have the Infotainment system as I find that to be be a distraction.

Do I even have a radio code?

Do I need a radio code?

Just getting prepared for the day the battery dies. Don't want to wait till battery dies to find out I need a code to get the radio to work again.

The internet site to retrieve the code requires a Serial number that I also do not have. I will not be taking the radio out to retrieve the serial number to get a radio code.

Can the dealer tell me the serial number and code?

Thanks

41 - 46 of 46 Posts