Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a 2012 RTS and no radio code in service manual, no sticker on glove box. So, I tried have key on, hold 1 & 6, then turn radio on, and it display reads "DIAG". I am afraid that battery dies (typical for AZ) and I left with no radio. All help is appreciated. Do I have to pull Radio out , is dealer able to obtain or?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy all: I am new to this site and am searching for a way to obtain the radio code, serial number and the navigation GPS code as well for my 2012 Honda RTL w/navigation. I also have a 2011 Element and the codes were in the glove box as they are supposed to be. However, there are no notations, cards, tabs, notices or even post-its in the manual, service book or navigation book.

I do not want to take the radio out to find the numbers, and have e-mailed Honda for assistance. But till I hear from them, any suggestions. I want to add XM radio to my vehicle as well as do a update of my GPS system. Any suggestions? BTW I am the third owner of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I bought a 2012 RTS and no radio code in service manual, no sticker on glove box. So, I tried have key on, hold 1 & 6, then turn radio on, and it display reads "DIAG". I am afraid that battery dies (typical for AZ) and I left with no radio. All help is appreciated. Do I have to pull Radio out , is dealer able to obtain or?
I too have this same issue. I plan to replace the negative battery cable in the future but would like the have the code before I do this.
I did however get the radio to perform the LCD diagnostics by punching random presets. Not much help but cool to watch for a while. (I don't have much of a life!:rolleyes:.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2019 RTL with COLOR audio. I do not have the Infotainment system as I find that to be be a distraction.

Do I even have a radio code?

Do I need a radio code?

Just getting prepared for the day the battery dies. Don't want to wait till battery dies to find out I need a code to get the radio to work again.

The internet site to retrieve the code requires a Serial number that I also do not have. I will not be taking the radio out to retrieve the serial number to get a radio code.

Can the dealer tell me the serial number and code?

Thanks

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
36 Participants
snifferpro
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing