Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I purchased the BT35-HON from Pasadena Sound (a brick & mortar store). I was a bit leary based on the mixed reviews on Amazon, but I'm very happy to report that the device works great. It was easy to install in my Ridgeline. (Thanks, in part, to those Youtube videos on how to remove the radio.) Pairing the unit with my phone was quick and easy. The sound quality is very good for music, podcasts and phone calls. When making calls, people on the other end of the line have also said that the sound quality was very good. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase.

One comment that I would make about using this unit is that you should turn up the volume on your phone all the way. Otherwise, your radio is going to have to amplify a low level signal which never produces good results. I wonder if this might have something to do with those individuals who reported poor sound quality.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've read weak volume reports which has always swayed me away. Did you ever use the AUX directly from your phone and if so have you noticed the BT unit doesnt match the volume vs. a cable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally have had problems with this company. Not to go into too much detail but the warranty was too short in my opinion and the unit I purchased wasn't working correctly from the git-go. The company would not repair the unit for me without charging me and I had complained about the thing to them for some time during the warranty period. When one channel went out completely it was too late they wouldn't hear of helping me out even though I complained of problems during the covered warranty period. I sent the unit back to them to keep with no refund nor repair I was so disgusted.
I must tell you though, it was not the unit your looking at. It was a USB unit, hard wired, not bluetooth.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I contemplated what unit to get (for my Accord, I know wrong car, but same hookups)...I almost got the BT35, but reviews were iffy and couldn't find anything on their new BT45 units...so I decided to go with this one
http://www.walmart.com/ip/PAC-ISHD6...terface-for-Honda-and-Acura-Vehicles/28540198

Most of the reviews on Amazon were pretty positive (minus the people who couldn't check fitment)....just as another alternative...it seems each has their flaws, but this one at least has USB and aux input...plus if I put it in and it stinks, I can take it back to wally world

1 - 4 of 4 Posts