Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to determine if a radio code is needed to reactivate the radio / navi unit in the event of a battery disconnect. The Honda owners website has a spot to add a code on the My Account main page. I previously owned an Acura with navigation and upon a battery disconnect it required both radio and navi codes to reactivate the units. Page 203 of the online owners manual indicates that their should have been a code in the owners manual packet. I was not given one on delivery nor was their one in the glove box manuals. Don't want to make a dealer visit for something that I can handle easily myself. Info from page 203 of manual below.

Audio System Theft Protection
The audio system is disabled when it is disconnected from the power source, such as when the battery is disconnected or goes dead. In certain conditions, the system may display a code entry screen. If this occurs, reactivate the audio system.
■ Reactivating the audio system
1. Set the power mode to ON.
2. Turn on the audio system.
3. Press and hold the audio system power button for more than two seconds.
u The audio system is reactivated when the audio control unit establishes a connection with the vehicle control unit. If the control unit fails to recognize the audio unit, you must go to a dealer and have the audio unit checked.
1Audio System Theft Protection

U.S. models
Find the audio system’s security code and serial number label in your owner’s manual kit.
We recommend that you write down the serial number in this owner’s manual.
Do not store the label in your vehicle. If you lose the label, you must first retrieve the serial number, and then obtain the code.
You can find out about your serial number and security code from a dealer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I disconncted the battery to install a horn. Upon startup, I got a message saying to press the power button for at least two seconds which I did. Radio reconnected almost instantly, no code needed.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Radio Code for 8" display

^^^^^ The above post... I can also vouch for as correct - same with my RTL-E's 8" display, when I did the same thing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So the 2017, 2018 and 2019's and 2020's do not require a radio / navi ID to be keyed in when the battery is replaced - correct?

·
Registered
87 Posts
So the 2017, 2018 and 2019's and 2020's do not require a radio / navi ID to be keyed in when the battery is replaced - correct?
Correct, I've disconnected the battery a few times. When I turn accessory power on, it will ask me for code. But as soon I start the engine, it gives me instructions to hold the power button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts