Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so when I picked up my RTS on Monday I asked the salesman if they had the radio code. He said they don't use them anymore. When I checked CD version of the manual, it says that the computer looks for a radio match and if there is a match the radio will function. Then in the margin it says US models have radio codes.

So I go to the owner link where I am already a member and add the RTS to the account. Of course to get the radio code, you need the vin and the radio serial number. You can get it by pressing presets 1 and 6 and power up the unit to get the code but only if it is asking for a code.

This is PITA, I'm trying to get the code now so I have it for a later date. There was no sticker in the glove box or anything I can see with the documentation. I was hoping that the RTL and down don't have a radio code since they are basic no frills units.

Does anyone know about this?

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
Ok, so when I picked up my RTS on Monday I asked the salesman if they had the radio code. He said they don't use them anymore. When I checked CD version of the manual, it says that the computer looks for a radio match and if there is a match the radio will function. Then in the margin it says US models have radio codes.

So I go to the owner link where I am already a member and add the RTS to the account. Of course to get the radio code, you need the vin and the radio serial number. You can get it by pressing presets 1 and 6 and power up the unit to get the code but only if it is asking for a code.

This is PITA, I'm trying to get the code now so I have it for a later date. There was no sticker in the glove box or anything I can see with the documentation. I was hoping that the RTL and down don't have a radio code since they are basic no frills units.

Does anyone know about this?
I found the codes that I needed in an information area of the touchscreen. It's not marked very well, which is probably a good thing. If your Ridgeline model doesn't have the touchscreen then, sorry, this information won't be much help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.