Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sport edition working great until I noticed yesterday that I lost presets. I thought nothing of it until today I've lost them all again, and they reset every time I start the truck.

Has anyone heard of this before? If there is a thread, please shoot me a link.

Thanks everyone!
moose

·
Registered
892 Posts
Sounds more like a ground being lost when you shut truck down. Or a constant power source some how getting shut off.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Or a low battery...

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Does anyone else have the situation where the FM radio resets the station and volume to lowest settings every time you start the vehicle? It’s rather annoying! I have the standard audio system on an RTL.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Has anyone else had the issue that the radio presets keep getting reset? I haven’t isolated the specific conditions but it’s happened dozens of time. Of course, it did not happen when I tried to explain it to the Dealer Service Rep. This is a 2017 RTL with the non-touchscreen infotainment center. Basically, I adjust the presets to a few of my favorite stations. I test them and they all work. At some later time, on another trip, I go to select a station and all of the presets are back to the default. It’s very annoying!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Tired battery? Voltage dropping too low to maintain memory?

Or

On the RTL-E, settings are unique for which dongle that is used. Don't know if that's an option on your RTL.

·
Super Moderator
6,790 Posts
@Kristi Dahlen Pray, unfortunately if anyone has actually resolved this, as you can see no-one seems to follow up with the solution. On my short list would be, ensuring that you don’t have or leave anything connected to the 12v outlet (cigarette lighter connections) as we have seen some issues with this in the 2G. If it was me I would suggest documenting it with the dealer as someone else will eventually find something that causes it and it will be a Service Bulletin at some point. Earlier documentation will be helpful if you are out of warranty coverage when it is finally resolved

Moderator Note: Multiple Threads Discussing Same/Similar issues merged.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My opinion its the battery. OEM batteries are not your best and often don't make it past the vehicle 3 year warranty. Cold starts require more amps and the voltage may be dropping below the memory threshold required. By the time you get to the dealer the battery is charged and warm which give it better chance of passing the dealers load test and of course they find nothing. For a more realistic test, the dealer needs to keep it over night and monitor the results in the morning.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
My opinion its the battery. OEM batteries are not your best and often don't make it past the vehicle 3 year warranty. Cold starts require more amps and the voltage may be dropping below the memory threshold required. By the time you get to the dealer the battery is charged and warm which give it better chance of passing the dealers load test and of course they find nothing. For a more realistic test, the dealer needs to keep it over night and monitor the results in the morning.
My OEM Honda batteries have lasted a LONG time. I replaced the battery in my '01 Accord after 6 or 7 years. Not bad for Pennsylvania, where we get both very cold snaps in winter and very hot stretches in the summer. I'll have to wait and see how long the battery lasts in my Ridgeline. So far, so good, but it's not even 3 years old yet.

I agree with the rest of your post, however.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Similar to @HyperPete, my OEM Honda batteries have always been good. I’ve been buying Honda automobiles since 1992. I have always changed them out at the 5 year mark to be safe but that will change now since my alarm system and drone mobile setup monitors voltage. I‘ll run the OEM battery until the voltage starts dropping consistently.

·
Registered
462 Posts
OEM battery in the past years may have been fine, but I'm looking at current Pilot and Ody users having issues which granted are AGM batteries. My point is once drive to the dealer the battery is charged and warm, and usually they find no problem. In the end the dealer finally replaces the battery and the problem is fixed (ex Auto-Stop on the ZF 9 speed).

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
OEM battery in the past years may have been fine, but I'm looking at current Pilot and Ody users having issues which granted are AGM batteries. My point is once drive to the dealer the battery is charged and warm, and usually they find no problem. In the end the dealer finally replaces the battery and the problem is fixed (ex Auto-Stop on the ZF 9 speed).
I should have clarified that I agreed with all but the second sentence of your previous reply.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts