Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
my 2007 rtl+nav radio i think went out over the weekend but i need help verifying. So no sound at all except from the sub. When i turn on the truck i do hear a slight crackle for just an instant out of the side speakers but outside of that it's nothing.

I'm assuming it's just the radio and not the nav. I was just going to buy a replacement stock radio. I'd love to get an upgraded headunit but i don't wanna drop that cash into her anymore.

Thanks for the help.

Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
Have you taken it out and plugged everything back in to see if they somehow magically get fixed?
I like that idea .... I might give it a half-hour with everything un-plugged to let any capacitors drain, maybe it'll 'reset' itself.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
i hadn't taken the radio out but after some internet searching i thought it had something to do with the original radio so i ordered a new one on line. Just installed it and same issue.
As soon as you turn the key you can hear a thump from the speakers but after that only the sub has audio.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Got It. Decided to look at the speakers. I had installed infinity speakers years ago and it looks like one of the mounts broke and the speaker was touching the frame of the door shorting out the amp.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Traditionally, providing backstory of what aftermarket accessories or modifications you have on the truck would be a great place to start. :)
Glad you got it sorted out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts