Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up the car, i love it!!!!! the pedal response is like night and day compared to the Ridgeline (i still miss my Ridgeline though)
here is its current figuration
fogs lights (planning to change the bulbs to JDM yellow)
OEM remote start (alerts me that the car has gotten signal to start)
OEM shock Sensors
OEM splash guards
OEM all weather floor mats
30% tint (yeah its illegal but cops are suppose to give 7% leeway on tint)
Debadged "Subaru" "AWD" and of course the dealers stamp

here are some cell phone pics

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
just picked up the car, i love it!!!!! the pedal response is like night and day compared to the Ridgeline (i still miss my Ridgeline though)
here is its current figuration
fogs lights (planning to change the bulbs to JDM yellow)
OEM remote start (alerts me that the car has gotten signal to start)
OEM shock Sensors
OEM splash guards
OEM all weather floor mats
30% tint (yeah its illegal but cops are suppose to give 7% leeway on tint)
Debadged "Subaru" "AWD" and of course the dealers stamp
Nice ride, did that tint come from the dealer like that?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice ride Rak.......been waiting for your post with pics! :act035:
lol, i didnt sleep that good this weekend i was so excited!
Nice ride, did that tint come from the dealer like that?
no i they had someone come to the dealer and do the tint, they were asking why i got 30% when in Virginia the law is 35%, reading the fine print really pays off :act035:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sweet ride rakapur. Got the wife the 2010 Outback and after a year, she says it's the best vehicle she has owned.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Nice Ride ,My Daughter is a Nurse and has an Outback and loves it...It is very reliable and gets her to work in the snow and Ice....:act030:Good luck with your new Ride my friend....:act006:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet ride rakapur. Got the wife the 2010 Outback and after a year, she says it's the best vehicle she has owned.

Good luck.
my mom was going to get the Outback but decided on the MDX
Nice looking ride and you should get many years of service from it if you choose to keep it.

Put a star on the hood and call it a day.

fixed it for ya
Nice Ride ,My Daughter is a Nurse and has an Outback and loves it...It is very reliable and gets her to work in the snow and Ice....:act030:Good luck with your new Ride my friend....:act006:
ive been hearing about the great reliability, so hopefully it will be
hey Rak you traitor, nice looking car enjoy it, let us know how it is in the snow.
lol, speed kills drive a Honda live forever, drive a Subaru and.... well... at least you had fun while you were alive :p governor kicks in somewhere around 146 mph :act035:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Congrats Rakapur! Keeps us updated after you have it for awhile. My wife may need a new in a couple years.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Let me know what it gets for gas mileage!

We have the same car but it's 2010 and 2.5I Premium.
It cost 279 bucks recently to get a new auto-dimming mirror with the garage door openers on it. Do you have the simple mirror on it?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Let me know what it gets for gas mileage!

We have the same car but it's 2010 and 2.5I Premium.
It cost 279 bucks recently to get a new auto-dimming mirror with the garage door openers on it. Do you have the simple mirror on it?
so far according to the mpg meter in the car im getting about 16.8mpg (a little better then i got on the Ridgeline) of course the car is new so it needs to be broken in. i got the simple mirror, $279 is to much for a mirror i think i wonder if those aftermarket ones are just plug and play??
Great ride man!
thanks, i was thinking about the TL but i HATE that plasticy fake wannabe chrome on the grille and the trunk lid

edit: i forgot, they are calling for snow tomorrow and Sunday (here we go again) so i get to play..... i mean study the differences between the Ridgeline 4wd and the Legacy's AWD

·
Registered
181 Posts
Next to the RL, we have a 06 subaru legacy and you will love how it handles in the snow. Unless Subaru changed their AWD system since our car, you can drift in the snow like a pro. I had so much fun in the subaru in empty housing developments drifting around like an idiot. The RL is fun in the snow too, but its just not the same. Good choice on gettting the 3.6. We thought about upgrading to a new legacy but decided to keep what we have currently. If we did upgrade, it would have been to the 3.6. You are getting basically the same performance as the turbo without paying for premium (I think) gas. Congrats. Welcome to the subaru club.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Next to the RL, we have a 06 subaru legacy and you will love how it handles in the snow. Unless Subaru changed their AWD system since our car, you can drift in the snow like a pro. I had so much fun in the subaru in empty housing developments drifting around like an idiot. The RL is fun in the snow too, but its just not the same. Good choice on gettting the 3.6. We thought about upgrading to a new legacy but decided to keep what we have currently. If we did upgrade, it would have been to the 3.6. You are getting basically the same performance as the turbo without paying for premium (I think) gas. Congrats. Welcome to the subaru club.
same awd system they have always been using, i test drove the 08 before getting the Ridgeline, and these new Legacys are MUCH more comfortable. the pre 2010 3.6s needed premium but they changed something so i can just use regular

get to test out the awd in a few when heading home.... cant wait :act035:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just got home, i gotta say im kinda disappointed at the awd. i did feel it slipping out on sharp turns in the road, but from what i have read about the tires, they arent very good so that good be it (Bridgestone EL400)
but other then that its great :act035:

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
just got home, i gotta say im kinda disappointed at the awd. i did feel it slipping out on sharp turns in the road, but from what i have read about the tires, they arent very good so that good be it (Bridgestone EL400)
but other then that its great :act035:
it's you/conditions, not the car. The Subaru AWD is amazing, plus the boxer engine keeps the center of gravity a bit lower, again, helps with handling.

Yes, the Turanza EL400 are near the bottom of the list for goodness. (tirerack). I know they came/come standard on some civic coupes among many other cars.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't like the AWD system. We changed out our stock tires for some middle price range Bridgestone Potenza's and noticed a pretty big difference in how the car acted. It doesn''t give you the confidence in the snow tha the RL has but it was always more fun to drive it.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts