Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Don't forget this Saturday is the Gulf Coast Region Rally in Mississippi. Here is the link to sign-up

http://members.cox.net/ridgeline06/gulfcoastridgelinerally.shtml

We're planning to be there!

And remember, Cruisin' the Coast is on, so there will be classic & antique cars & hot rods all over the place. Jones Park (where Highway 49 meets Highway 90) & Edgewater Mall are major venues. The High Cotton is approximately midway between Jones Park & Edgewater. Driving on Highway 90 can be pretty slow during normal times, but there's still a lot of construction repair going on now.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Three Ridges but five ROCsters. Nice fun lunch at High Cotton in Gulfport (we even got the 10% "Cruiser" discount), followed by a "cruise" down Highway 90 to Biloxi. Dozens & dozens of classic cars & hot rods going slow & hundreds of spectators. We got a few thumbs up from the galleries, even though we were just spectatin' ourselves.

Jimmy (Lex Luthor) had a great time waving his LSU cap at fellow LSUvians & Auburnoids alike during the drive. I thought he was going to barf over my Ole Miss front plate, so I'm glad I didn't wear my Bama shirt :D Tony (Ridgeline2006) & Jimmy show their trucks, so it was a real treat for me to look-see. Tony also had some souvenir ROC Rally stickers made up, too... nice touch!

They will have some other, better pictures, but here's one of the line at in the High Cotton... Tony had his banner prominently displayed -- very cool touch!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would like to say that we also had a great time cruising with your guys. It was a great day here. Weather and company was outstanding. Wish we had more folks show up to represent but I guess others had more important plans.

Thanks to Tony and Jimmy for the effort to get folks together. Everyone's Ridge looked great. Hopefully, I will have my Ridge fixed for the next get together. You guys did a great job of working on my wife. She now understands that it's important to spend a little money on the Ridge to try and keep up with the rest of you guys. :D

See ya next time.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Great to meet you, too, Eddie! Good luck getting the truck fixed!

Jimmy & Tony got a bunch more pix than I, so hopefully they'll post 'em up here later today! I'm back down to the Coast for a pot-luck at a guy's family camp. Wish my waistline luck!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well first I want to thank Lex Luther for being such an important of the rally. We sure had some fun. Thanks to everyone who came out this was a fun time. I do hope that we can do the again and hopefully more will attend. In attendance Djeaux (Joe), FMS1(Eddie) and his wife, Lex Luthor(Jimmy) and myself(Tony). I had a great time and cruisin the coast was something to see. There were 15,000 preregistered car and one car was better the next car. That alone was worth the ride to the coast. Well here are some pictures.

Left to right
Ridgeline2006(Tony), Djeaux(Joe), Lex Luthor(Jimmy) Mrs FMS1(Karen)

Djeaux(Joe), Lex Luthor(Jimmy), Mrs FMS1(Karen) FMS1(Eddie)

Left to right
Lex Luthor, Ridgeline2006 and Djeaux

Left to right
Lex Luthor, Ridgeline2006 and Djeaux

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures, Tony!

For the record, my truck is NOWHERE close to what Tony & Jimmy have done to theirs. I am talking about seriously nice work ... both of them! Not slamming anybody, but I'll bet there aren't a dozen trucks on this board that are set up as nice & clean as theirs!!!

And again, here's hoping that Eddie & Karen get their Ridge fixed up soon!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would like to thank TONY AKA RIDGELINE2006 for the work involved in getting us together this weekend in Biloxi. I had a BALL. I scheduled Friday off and cleaned all day. Whenever I am going to go anywhere with Tony, I have to prepare. Tony's ridge is SO CLEAN. Thanks also to Joe, AKA DJEAUX, Eddie, AKA FSM1 and his wife Karen for making the trip. The time we did spend together was great. It is amazing that men are grown up boys when it comes to talking about their trucks. I wore my LSU outfit and I did wear it proudly although later that night we got SMASHED by FLORIDA. I hope we win out so we could get another chance at them. Joe, AKA DJEAUX also was advertising MISSISSIPPI STATE. You have to support where your children go to school. We were only 5 in number but we had fun and look forward to meeting again. I wish I knew the formula to get more of the ROC family to particapate with us. Tony did a good deal of preparation. KEITH can you advise us on us how to get members to particpate? I realize that you have that charasmatic charm.

Lex Luthor

Jimmy Becnel

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
KEITH can you advise us on us how to get members to particpate? I realize that you have that charasmatic charm.
I don't know. How is that? the events are cool as I know if I lived fairly close by, I would be there. I love car shows you've been going to

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Mississippi STATE? Egad! That's an Ole Miss tag on the front of my truck (daughter's soon to be alma mater) & I have three Southern Miss diplomas on my wall. No Mississippi State in my house! :D

But it was indeed a LOT of fun in Biloxi & I was really getting a kick out of watching Jimmy ("Lex") waving his LSU cap at friend & foe alike as we cruised down the Highway 90 beach road. (Maybe I should say "waving his Louisiana Tech cap" ... ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
sorry i missed was restricted due to gas, trans serviceing needed and wife not wanting to make the trip, unless kept going to FL.. lol

Now that fuel is better maybe can make next one.

·
Premium Member
6,879 Posts
Ya know, sometimes, it’s not so much about the attendance numbers but more importantly about the camaraderie and the sharing of good times together that truly captures the spirit of the ROC!

Tony, Jimmy, Joe, Eddie and Karen, These photos show this very well.

Those engine covers turned out looking great! Having fun with our trucks and getting together is what matters most. I hope to one day be able to meet and greet with you guys down south. Very :cool:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I'm just bumping this up to wish all you guys in the Gulf Coast region a Happy New Year!

Here's hoping some organizational genius (rules me out ;-) can plan a great regional meet in '09!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts